website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I'm Watching online actually and I watched 2 finals on 2 different channels , Canadian CBC and Rai 2 now and I had the same problem,  yet with 200m Men's final I saw very well lane 9 in which Teboho won Bronze 

Interesting, here on Eurosport there was no problem at all and Richardson was perfectly visible. She's a tiny 1,55m though, maybe it's that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Seb Coe had an interview where he made two very interesting comments.

The first is that he wants world championships on every non-Olympic year.

The second is that less popular events are in real risk of being dropped from the program.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/seb-coe-it-will-take-more-than-money-to-take-world-championships-to-saudi-arabia/ar-AA1fMmut

Now that Kitaguchi winning the women's javelin, all the major TV stations throwing different fun facts about her such as eating a slice of castella cake every day, the meaning of her butterfly shaped earrings, how she always say "my target is to win a medal" to any journalist asking her, and what are some of the training she received when she was preparing in :CZE

Edited by Griff88

So they are going to run countless back and forts on a straight for the marathon like hamsters. :facepalm: Because closing 5 more streets and going a bit around the city will be such a big problem. Completely destroyed any ambition i had to continue watching this.

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

Seb Coe had an interview where he made two very interesting comments.

The second is that less popular events are in real risk of being dropped from the program.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/seb-coe-it-will-take-more-than-money-to-take-world-championships-to-saudi-arabia/ar-AA1fMmut

Coe wants to introduce a potentially annual new made-for-television athletics event and is already in talks over which events could be added and taken away to attract a wider audience. He has also aired the possibility of incorporating the marathon World Championships with a lucrative big city marathon.

That sounds awful :lol: 

Like any big city marathon wants to be turned into a slow championship race....

And again this insanely stupid idea of 'if we take away certain events, we will attract a wider audience'. No, you absolute fuckwit, people who don't like athletics will not suddenly start liking athletics if there's no hammer throw and 5k anymore. That will just be half an hour less of athletics for them not to watch. Just like people who didn't like the 50k race walk are not suddenly now watching the 35k race walk. It's just 15km less race walking that they don't watch.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That sounds awful :lol: 

Like any big city marathon wants to be turned into a slow championship race....

And again this insanely stupid idea of 'if we take away certain events, we will attract a wider audience'. No, you absolute fuckwit, people who don't like athletics will not suddenly start liking athletics if there's no hammer throw and 5k anymore. That will just be half an hour less of athletics for them not to watch.

Besides, getting rid of the hammer throw would be a hate crime against Canadians.

For even years, instead of a WC, why not bring back the Intercalated Games or the Goodwill Games at the least?

Well, the standing jumps, Greek stlyle discus throw and freestyle javelin came and went and the sport has managed to stay relevant.  So I guess eliminating a few less popular events now won't matter.