website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

9 hours ago, danknel said:

Hi Group,

I wasn't sure where best to post so thought I would chuck it in here.

I'm new to this forum from the mighty GB. I just wanted to say how much I rate this page and was blown away by the work that has gone into making it what it is today.

I have a love for virtually all summer Olympic sports and have been checking in regularly to see how the shape up for Paris is looking.

If there is anything I can do to help out let me know.

Welcome! :hatoff:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I'm Book. A long time fan of the Olympics but only recently started lurking on this forum, looking for qualification updates. Thought I'd pop in and start talking now, seems like a fun crowd.

I'm from the US, born in Los Angeles and spent most of my life in Oregon, now living in Massachusetts. My first memories of sports was at a rec center built as part of a parks initiative of the 1984 games. After getting the Olympic bug in 2008 I convinced my parents to drive me up to Vancouver in 2010 where we stayed in Canada just long enough to see the first two heats of 2 man bobsleigh. I was luckily able to get some tickets to Football, Athletics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Modern Pentathlon for Paris, so my Olympic hype is at an all time high right now. Looking for some sport climbing tickets still.

On the forum I hope to be a resident expert on US Track and Field trials and LA 2028 planning, anything Olympics on the US west coast I'll chat to anyone about. 

6 minutes ago, Book said:

Hello all!

I'm Book. A long time fan of the Olympics but only recently started lurking on this forum, looking for qualification updates. Thought I'd pop in and start talking now, seems like a fun crowd.

I'm from the US, born in Los Angeles and spent most of my life in Oregon, now living in Massachusetts. My first memories of sports was at a rec center built as part of a parks initiative of the 1984 games. After getting the Olympic bug in 2008 I convinced my parents to drive me up to Vancouver in 2010 where we stayed in Canada just long enough to see the first two heats of 2 man bobsleigh. I was luckily able to get some tickets to Football, Athletics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Modern Pentathlon for Paris, so my Olympic hype is at an all time high right now. Looking for some sport climbing tickets still.

On the forum I hope to be a resident expert on US Track and Field trials and LA 2028 planning, anything Olympics on the US west coast I'll chat to anyone about. 

Welcome to the forum Book. Great to have you here :) 

12 minutes ago, Book said:

Hello all!

haha,seeing anyone be interested in seeing modern pentathlon is always fun for me.

Edited by Biathlonfan

On 3/10/2024 at 7:22 AM, AlFHg said:

Hello,

I'm back here :) hope you've been well in these, let's say, 4 years :d

I remember about you when I started on this forum. Then you disappeared, and I thought you were Finding Dory (sorry for that :lol:)

welcome back!

1 hour ago, Book said:

Hello all!

Welcome, welcome! Always nice to have another Angeleño around :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Biathlonfan said:

haha,seeing anyone be interested in seeing modern pentathlon is always fun for me.

Have to admit it wasn't my first choice but more of an effect of ticket packages and trip timing. When buying tickets in a pack there were restrictions to just one popular event so of the ones that were left Modern Pentathlon was the best value. 

Still excited, can't get a better venue then Versailles and the mix of fencing, swimming, and equestrian will make for a unique spectator experience. The men's marathon will also pass through Versailles while the pentathlon is underway so I might get a look at that as well.

18 minutes ago, Book said:

Have to admit it wasn't my first choice but more of an effect of ticket packages and trip timing. When buying tickets in a pack there were restrictions to just one popular event so of the ones that were left Modern Pentathlon was the best value. 

Still excited, can't get a better venue then Versailles and the mix of fencing, swimming, and equestrian will make for a unique spectator experience. The men's marathon will also pass through Versailles while the pentathlon is underway so I might get a look at that as well.

I believe you will really enjoy seeing it,especially the final of the event,the laser run.

4 hours ago, Book said:

Hello all!

Welcome :bye: