website statistics

Totallympics Introduction Thread

heywoodu

26 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Wow, only 6, that is really, really young :yikes: The first Olympics i followed closely was when i was 13. Though i was following football since 10 :p

Was amazing and magical feeling.. returning back from school to watch summary of the day (summary at 4 pm local time due to time difference) you may guess now that olympics.. at that time no internet no live broadcast except few events 

Presenter’s sound was like from under sea .. since then I became addicted 😍

4 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

Was amazing and magical feeling.. returning back from school to watch summary of the day (😍

That’s how Vancouver 2010 was for me. I still remember staying up much later than I was normally allowed so I could watch Vonn take gold in the women’s downhill.

I also have a very fond memory of getting home from school just in time to catch the cross country skiing sprint finals.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Before the Pan American Games begin, I'd like to extend a hearty Totallympics welcome to a pair of new Pan American users @MatiReimundo @rapguacu :bye:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Welcome

:MOZ @Rachid Bond @Victor fenisse

:TGA @kolofoou

we didn't have any active MOZ users so we are waiting for your posts! How is sport in MOZ these days? Do you have any new athletics talents like great Maria Mutola??? and how is your canoe program? is it developing?

and we didn't have any active TGA users either! how's your boxers? any chance for qualification for Paris in boxing? and then hopefully another olympic medal? and how do you find your rugby Men's Sevens olympic qualification chances? are they able to make it to Paris in your opinion?

Nice to see new NOCs on the board here! WELCOME!

Edited by rafalgorka

On 11/25/2023 at 10:37 AM, rafalgorka said:

Welcome

:MOZ @Rachid Bond @Victor fenisse

:TGA @kolofoou

we didn't have any active MOZ users so we are waiting for your posts! How is sport in MOZ these days? Do you have any new athletics talents like great Maria Mutola??? and how is your canoe program? is it developing?

and we didn't have any active TGA users either! how's your boxers? any chance for qualification for Paris in boxing? and then hopefully another olympic medal? and how do you find your rugby Men's Sevens olympic qualification chances? are they able to make it to Paris in your opinion?

Nice to see new NOCs on the board here! WELCOME!

You need to know most of the users who register are actually spammers, or users who find an event they are interested in the calendar section and think by registering to the website they register to take part in the event :p

We might have a legit new :ALB user here, though! @Erigert You are not a spammer, are you? :lol:

16 minutes ago, Sindo said:

or users who find an event they are interested in the calendar section and think by registering to the website they register to take part in the event :p

Seriously, doesn't one have to be a bit...'off'....let's say, to think registering on what is very clearly a forum will register for an actual international sports event? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Seriously, doesn't one have to be a bit...'off'....let's say, to think registering on what is very clearly a forum will register for an actual international sports event? :p 

Some people find calendar events (example: https://totallympics.com/events/event/29673-sprint-canoeing-cac-african-championships-2023/) through a google search, so they do not even surf the website and they just ask for information about that event. I often receive e-mail from athletes/coaches asking how can they register to that event :d Of course it does not happen to Wimbledon or FIFA World Cup event, mainly for smaller tournaments especially in sports like Taekwondo where I have added to the calendar lots of events because they are qualifiers for Paris 2024.

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

Some people find calendar events (example: https://totallympics.com/events/event/29673-sprint-canoeing-cac-african-championships-2023/) through a google search, so they do not even surf the website and they just ask for information about that event. I often receive e-mail from athletes/coaches asking how can they register to that event :d Of course it does not happen to Wimbledon or FIFA World Cup event, mainly for smaller tournaments especially in sports like Taekwondo where I have added to the calendar lots of events because they are qualifiers for Paris 2024.

Interesting how the thought process goes of some people :p

Fun thing, the example you mentioned has the ICF's website as literally the first hit on Google....including a contact email address and phone number :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Sindo said:

You need to know most of the users who register are actually spammers, or users who find an event they are interested in the calendar section and think by registering to the website they register to take part in the event :p

We might have a legit new :ALB user here, though! @Erigert You are not a spammer, are you? :lol:

Hello everyone!

I've been using this website for quite a time but only today I decided to register an account, so I hope admins don't put me on spam section :p

I don't know if Im the first representative of Albania on here, I wish there were some others more!

Edited by Erigert