website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

The world lacrosse championships has 1 of the most insane competition formats I've ever seen that basically guarantees 4 or 5 countries at the top and then they have to have every team play classification games so they can decide who finishes in 37th place.

It doesn't belong in the Olympics.  

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wonder if the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (not the same thing as the country of Malta) could create an NOC under existing rules. Despite having no territory it is considered sovereign, issues it’s own passport and has diplomatic relationships with many countries.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Will not happen.

If the Iroquios are accepted then why not Gibraltar, The Falkland Islands, Tibet, South Ossetia, Northern Cyprus, Inner Mongolia, Western Sahara, Nagorno-Karabash, Catalonia, Euskadi, Galicia, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Heligoland....

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

Will not happen.

If the Iroquios are accepted then why not Gibraltar, The Falkland Islands, Tibet, South Ossetia, Northern Cyprus, Inner Mongolia, Western Sahara, Nagorno-Karabash, Catalonia, Euskadi, Galicia, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Heligoland....

I don't think it's stretch to say Scotland will have its own NOC and Olympic team by 2024, 2028 at the latest.

why not any single sovereign citizen or self-proclamed so of this world, then? :yikes: :facepalm: :hairpull:

I have a home that's my exclusive property, I have my Flag, I have my personal account and family balance sheet, I have a printer (so, I can even print my own money by myself)...

now, I want my own NOC, too...:yikes: :lol: :rofl: :facepalm:

7 hours ago, Triplecast said:

I don't think it's stretch to say Scotland will have its own NOC and Olympic team by 2024, 2028 at the latest.

Perfectly possible by 2028.

But of course independence would have to come first, IOC membership later.

On 24/03/2021 at 05:46, Quaker2001 said:

The world lacrosse championships has 1 of the most insane competition formats I've ever seen that basically guarantees 4 or 5 countries at the top and then they have to have every team play classification games so they can decide who finishes in 37th place.

It doesn't belong in the Olympics.  

Lacrosse would just be another women's ice hockey - another two country sport with the Gold medal game always being between USA and Canada  ( not that these two countries are complaining )

But then the bar for Olympic inclusion is much MUCH lower for the Winter Olympics . Even men's ice hockey is really only a two continent sport -no Summer sport which was only seriously played in 2 continents would make the cut )

I think Australia may be ranked #3 in lacrosse  and the game is invisible there  - maybe like kabaddi   or korfball  ( in major immigrant countries every micro sport has at least a small presence )

I looked this up -only 2 Aussie universities have lacrosse clubs ( and they have a lot of sporting clubs )