website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Not the worst draw possible for the Netherlands. We played a close game versus China at the world championship, if we can upset them this time, there is hope. Chances are still super slim though.

In the other two pools it'll be interesting whether there's any home advantage. Otherwise I'd say Brazil, Turkey, Italy and the USA are the favorites.

Well, I think it is the worst possible draw: against the world champion and against China: there's no chance at all. We only would have a chance if we could play in Japan or in Poland. For me the favourites: China/Serbia - Brazil/Japan - Poland/Italy.

1 hour ago, CCB said:

Well, I think it is the worst possible draw: against the world champion and against China: there's no chance at all. We only would have a chance if we could play in Japan or in Poland. For me the favourites: China/Serbia - Brazil/Japan - Poland/Italy.

I agree the other hosts would have been slightly easier, but we did draw the easiest out of USA/Turkey/Dominican Republic. I could see Turkey and USA beating the two host countries.

3 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Do you think Germany has a chance?

not many, but it's not impossible, especially if Italy will play without Egonu and/or Antropova and USA will prove once again inconsistent outside the major tournaments, as often happened in the past.

• 5 months later...

9 days away :cheer:

No real expectations here from a Canadian perspective, Our best shot at qualification is if Gray is fully healthy and competing (got injured at NORCECA Championships, unsure if it's serious though). We'll most likely have to beat at least two (probably more) of Serbia, host China, the Dominican Republic, and the Netherlands, which will be tough but doable with the momentum our NT has been gaining. 

Best case scenario (outside of qualifying directly) for us would be hoping that the Netherlands or the Dominican Republic don't qualify (preferably both, we're about 40 points behind them for the final two World Rankings quotas, assuming six of the top eight qualify through the OQT), and defeating all of the other mediocre teams (Czech Republic, Ukraine, Mexico) along with one (or two) of Dominican Republic/Netherlands.