website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Josh said:

:ISL advancing to a swimming semifinal at a World Championships :yikes:

Good result Jorunnardottir :d

Mckee did make it to the semifinals in 2019 and 2022, so it’s not like they’re totally unfamiliar with the evening session :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Exciting for Irish swimming to finally have contenders on the world stage.

Mona McSharry goes in the women’s 100m breaststroke final later today as the 4th fastest qualifier. A medal may just be out of reach but she is in the hunt.

Daniel Wiffen into the men’s 800m final as 4th fastest in a new Irish record. His best event is still to come as well, the 1500m freestyle.

Not to mention Ellen Walshe placing 9th overall in the women’s 200m IM and just missing the final but setting a new Irish record in the process.

Dare we hope for a medal at these championships? Here’s hoping! 

6 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Insane times in the men's 800m freestyle heats. You needed a 7:45.80 to qualify for the final.

:GER Wellbrock is out! :yikes:

Also :AUS Sam Short with a 7:40 prelims swim. :USA Finke is going to have his hands full.

Hopefully another proof that history keeps repeating itself. In 2019 he won gold in the 10 km open water race (while another german guy won bronze), then he missed the 800 free final and then he went on to win 1500 free gold ... hopefully it will be the same this time.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, dodge said:

I genuinely think 7 men could medal in the 800m. Sorry Costa. If Wellbrock was in ahead of him, I’d probably say all 8 could medal!

Obviously I’m hoping for Wiffen but it’s going to be really tough

Personally i think that it will be Short, Finke and Hafanoui. Don't really see anyone else winning a medal, but we will see.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

Meanwhile a big announcement: World Aquatics officially moves its headquarters from Lausanne to Budapest. So now whenever I am angry at a stupid decision I can just easily visit them. :d

Maybe now we won't have to wait so long for another world championship in Budapest ... only having them there every 4 years isn't enough ...