website statistics

Athletics 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

If everything goes well I will attend the Gyulai Memorial next week in Székesfehérvár for the first time. I thought that it would be a nice warm up to the WCh. The field of athletes is looking quite strong, we got a lot of big names competing here once again.

On 7/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, EselTheDonkey said:

There is a cautious all-clear. An ultrasound examination did not reveal a tear in the thigh. It could have just been a hardening.

Mihambo is a bit more seriously injured, than it was originally hoped. She won't compete at the DL in Monaco, where she was originally supposed to start. Her coach said, that she'll only start in Budapest, if she has realistic chances to win a medal.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

The entry lists for the Gyulai Memorial are out on the main page: https://gyulaimemorial.hu/en/

M4 Sport will broadcast the entire event live on their website from 14:00 CET (but it will probably be blocked outside of Hungary, so you will need a VPN for that). 

It should be a fun event. My only wish is an Olympic ES (78.20) from Halász in hammer, everything else would be a bonus.