website statistics

Athletics 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

4 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Mihambo has called it a season. She's not going to be fit enough for the World Championships and now wants to give herself time to recover and focus on Rome and Paris next year.

Great news ... feels like 90 % of the german athletes are injured/out of shape. German athletics would be in an infinitely better shape if all the german athletes would be close to their best. Ansah, Ansah-Peprah, Agyekum, Mohumed, Farken, Heß, Wagner, Zernikel, Baehre, Sosna, Vetter, Röhler, Hofmann, Mayer, Schwab, Müller, Klosterhalfen, Klein, Kejeta, Burkard, Krause, Kallabis, Granz, Reh, Wender, Mihambo, Kienast, Otchere, Eckhardt, Maduka, Gierisch, Maisch, Hussong, Fuchs ...

At this point even 2 medals at the world championships would be a surprise ...

Weber + one out of Pudenz/Neugebauer/Kaul/Potye

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

100m hurdles World Champion (And WR Holder) :NGR Amusan, is provisionally suspended for having missed three doping tests in the last year. 

"The Charge will be heard by the Disciplinary Tribunal and determined before the World Athletics Championships"

If charged, it could result in a suspension of up to two years, which would have her missing the upcoming Olympics. 

Edited by Josh

28 minutes ago, Josh said:

100m hurdles World Champion (And WR Holder) :NGR Amusan, is provisionally suspended for having missed three doping tests in the last year. 

"The Charge will be heard by the Disciplinary Tribunal and determined before the World Athletics Championships"

If charged, it could result in a suspension of up to two years, which would have her missing the upcoming Olympics. 

Well, I sure didn't think yesterday that I will be among the last people who saw her compete live. Completely out of nowhere. 

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

Well, I sure didn't think yesterday that I will be among the last people who saw her compete live. Completely out of nowhere. 

What do you mean with "out of nowhere"?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

58 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What do you mean with "out of nowhere"?

I meant that she was competing yesterday and the news broke literally the next day. I feel like many times the athlete "disappears" from the spotlight before they get suspended, so you kinda see it coming. 

Due to the heat wave, our National U20 Championships which were supposed to take place this week will be now held in September. Also, the Balkan U20 Championships were already cancelled.

So our U20 athletes now will not have many opportunities to achieve standards for the upcoming European U20 Championships...