website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

24 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It's happening, Russians are goinf full CAS trying to overun the IAAF decision:

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/16332749/russian-race-walkers-denis-nizhegorodov-svetlana-vasilyeva-launch-appeals-rio-de-janeiro-olympics-ban

It's nice that someone who is clean beyond any doubt like Nizhegorodov is leading the charge... Such integrity. 

But this isn't backed by the Russian athletics federation if I'm reading correctly, only Nizhegorodov and Vasilyeva. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 15 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

But this isn't backed by the Russian athletics federation if I'm reading correctly, only Nizhegorodov and Vasilyeva. 

It does seem like it isn't. Which is completty silly as individual athletes have nothing to do with it. They are not the ones who are banned, but the russian athletics federation which is banned from the IAAF (and subsequently from the olympics)

The only possible case I could see is the russain athletics federation challenging its ban from the IAAF (we have a lawyer here I think, maybe he could tell us more).

Genzebe Dibaba's coach, Jama Aden, has been arrested in an investigation about doping by the spanish police this morning. Acording to media, his athletes are passing a doping test by the IAAF and it's expected to be more arrestings.

Yep, that's Ilya Ilyin for you. The weightlifter of the year. Looks like he was doped since forever.

Seriously though, how many athletes have lost gold medals from two different Olympics?

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yep, that's Ilya Ilyin for you. The weightlifter of the year. Looks like he was doped since forever.

Seriously though, how many athletes have lost gold medals from two different Olympics?

Retest scoreboard (don't mind the thing with B-samples, it's not really up to date because I've been lazy on keeping track of those :p ):

3242a73bd5.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Apparently Alex Schwazer tested positive for doping again? :woot:

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The situation is strange.. We haven't IAAF or WADA documents and Schwazer will sue the newspaper for libel. If it's real, it's a big shame for Italian Federation

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

knowing how certain things (and I'm not necessarily talking about sport...the Italian judiciary chronicles are full of "strange" episodes even worse than this one) usually go here in Italy, probably it's a conspiracy...

nobody in the world of sport wanted him back and now they found the way to get rid of him once and forever...

of course, I can't prove my idea...but I won't change it unless he spontaneously admits he cheated again...

however, this is the situation as it stands (and there are proves of all of these facts):

he was tested on January, 1st 2016...and that test was negative...

then, they re-tested the same sample on May, 13th (after all the shouting and chaos following his winning comeback, when it was clear that he was going to Rio with very good chances to win the 50km and maybe also bouble it up in the 20km)...and this time, surprise surprise, it looks that he had testosterone values 11 times above the limit :yikes:

in the meantime, in the 5 months between January 1st and May 13th he was tested 15 times (averaging once every 10 days) and all of those 15 tests were absolutely negative, with all the values in line with a clean biological passport (no peaks, no lows, no strange variations between short period of time)...

now, everybody can like or dislike him and can think wehatever they want...but I'm never going to trust such a change...to me, it's more than obvious that someone manipulated the original sample and then ordered the re-test just achieve their goal...

otherwise, the other option is that any doping test in the world is not reliable at all, because it's simply impossible not to find a value 11 times...11 times!!! not marginal digits...11 times!!! above the limit in the first exhamination and then, good 5 months and many headlines later, magically come up with this results...no way...

p.s. I'm not gonna make any further comment on this...

I only hope for Alex that this time he didn't do anything wrong...