website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

well this is the end for Iran. 20-20-22 ! a sad finish since we lost the basketball final once again. that was the last chance for our golden generation :( we had a 16pts lead in middle of 2nd quarter but all of a sudden they stopped playing and all Chinese players became Stephen Curry and scored back to back 3s.

volleyball won the gold easily without dropping a single set.

That was my prediction before the Games.

On 7/7/2018 at 00:40, MHSN said:

here is my prediction about the number of gold medals for Iran

4-5 in Wrestling
2-3 in Weightlifting
2-3 in Karate
1-2 in Taekwondo

1-2 in Rowing
1 in Sport Climbing
1 in Wushu
1 in Athletics
1 in Kurash

1 in Volleyball
2-3 in Other sports

well I was predicting 17-23 gold medals and we won 20 ! even in details my prediction wasn't that bad. only Rowing failed to reach the minimum I was expecting.

5 Wrestling

2 Weightlifting

2 Karate

2 Taekwondo

2 Wushu

2 Athletics

1 Sport Climbing

1 Kurash

1 Volleyball

2 in other sports (Kabaddi)

Overall outstanding performance by India .....we beat the best ever Asian games tally by 4 medals ( 65 to 69 ) ,( incidentally I had predicted close to 75 but the boxers let us down on total but still close ) equalled the best gold medal tally set in 1951, we had a outstanding commonwealth . But now its time to look at olympics , 2 years away and things will  change but still time to reflect on possibilities 

Highlights and positives from this season 

Shooting - this was an awesome performance by an extremely young and talented team ...........  They almost did better than super power China ( worlds super- eminent shooting nations ) in medal total .....The team is also extremely young in most part so in two years may knock of the rough edges and maybe do close to  China in overall medals shooting     ( China  normally win 7-8 medals in shooting in Olympics ) ....I think with focus and attention this side can win dare I say it at least 3-5 medals at olympics with attention , some mental conditioning .... I seriously find it shocking when people say India did not do well in shooting in Asian Games

Wrestling - Vinesh was really brilliant ...she demolished the field in what was possibly the toughest category in the asians games - Womens 48 . If the olympics she would be a shooin for medal at least ........ Bajrang was world class also but not in the same league according to me, Unfortunately none of the others were world class, sakshi was close to silver incidentally but no one was truely world class  ........ so I would rate this 1-2 possibility for the olympics 

Boxing - Well Amit Phangal defeated world no 1 again in a brutal weight category so he has  the credentials now , vikas is exasperating but maybe he will focus and could be a medal hope , he lost here more due to an injury ...................  Incidentally we have a whole flush of young women world champions ( 2 gold , 3 silver )  so definately will hope for at least one of them to be world class by the 2020 ..... so medals possibly 0-2 

Badminton - 2 singles medals both in woman - almost surely 1 medal at the olympics , if the mercurial srikanth shows consistency it could be 1-2 

Weightlifting - Mirakhom with a world championship gold and a one 196 weight in the lowest weight category is  a medal contendor so maybe 0-1

Atheletics - Neeraj currently world class , Hima can improve to a world class level , maybe an Indian atheletics medal 0-1 

Recurve archery and hockey have promised much but have underwhelmed , India did wonderfully in tt but too early to say , aging tennis stars in doubles so nothing there 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

Uzbekistan defeated iran on the table of medals :clap:

i don't know in wich sports sure boxing and judo

well Kurash and sambo features prominently so not a permanent class jump 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi