Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

Bearas    14

IOC released official document of taking the medal away from Chernova. This will mean that soon Lithuania will officially be awarded with heptathlon bronze from London 2012

dareza    326

I hope he will participate on 200m and 400 in London :d South Africa right now have amazing team in athletics. I would not be surpised with 7-8 medals in Tokyo.

Edited by dareza

heywoodu    1,114
46 minutes ago, dareza said:

I hope he will participate on 200m and 400 in London :d South Africa right now have amazing team in athletics. I would not be surpised with 7-8 medals in Tokyo.

7-8? :d

Well in the case that every big talent keeps growing and every current top athlete is still world class in three years and everyone peaks in exactly the right time and there's some luck with other athletes not improving as much and there's some luck with other athletes not having a good day in Tokyo, it's possible I guess :p

dareza    326
5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

7-8? :d

Well in the case that every big talent keeps growing and every current top athlete is still world class in three years and everyone peaks in exactly the right time and there's some luck with other athletes not improving as much and there's some luck with other athletes not having a good day in Tokyo, it's possible I guess :p

ok, maybe 7-8 it too much. But 6 is ok :d

Van Niekerk, Simbine, Roto, Mayonga, Samaai, Semenya, Viljoen. 4x100. They have chance. I would not be suprised to see Semenya in 400 or 1500.

heywoodu    1,114
10 minutes ago, dareza said:

ok, maybe 7-8 it too much. But 6 is ok :d

Van Niekerk, Simbine, Roto, Mayonga, Samaai, Semenya, Viljoen. 4x100. They have chance. I would not be suprised to see Semenya in 400 or 1500.

I would already like to make a bet: I say Manyonga and Samaai don't both get a medal in Tokyo, you say they both do. Loser pays the beer if there's ever a Totallympics meet :cool:

Even more so: I say Simbine, Roto, Manyonga, Samaai and Viljoen all combined win no more than 1 medal, you say they win at least 2 combined medals. Loser pays the meat if there's ever a Totallympics meet :evil:

dareza    326

Did you saw that guy from Kuwait,  Abdulaziz Al-Mandeel ran 13.39 on 110mH :d

dareza    326
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would already like to make a bet: I say Manyonga and Samaai don't both get a medal in Tokyo, you say they both do. Loser pays the beer if there's ever a Totallympics meet :cool:

Even more so: I say Simbine, Roto, Manyonga, Samaai and Viljoen all combined win no more than 1 medal, you say they win at least 2 combined medals. Loser pays the meat if there's ever a Totallympics meet :evil:

ok. I agree :d

Dragon    46
1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

Paris will host 2020 European Championship

Starts 17 days after Tokyo 2020 ends

DaniSRB    188
1 minute ago, Dragon said:

Starts 17 days after Tokyo 2020 ends

hm, we will see if it is good or bad decision

medal winners probably won't care, but maybe they came as are still in form

heywoodu    1,114

I feel it will be like European indoor championships normally are: full with medal winners you normally don't even see in the top-8 of big events :p