Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

bestmen    407
Just now, heywoodu said:

But what is it? What are people supposed to be celebrating? :p 

the birth of  prophet

• Thanks 1

Quasit    57
10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Spam whoring this forum :whistle:

DAkNDPu.png

You just want to look at that Brazilian biathlon logo all day. At this point I am mistaking you for a Brazilian user. :p

Edited by Quasit

heywoodu    1,173
1 minute ago, Quasit said:

You just want to look at that Brazilian biathlon logo all day. At this point I am mistaking you for a Brazilian user. :p

I think it doesn't help when I say just yesterday I bought a Brazilian flag that's almost too big to easily hold when spreading my arms? :p  (I bought it to take with me to the biathlon next week, so the girls know where I'm standing :d )

• Haha 1

Quasit    57
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I think it doesn't help when I say just yesterday I bought a Brazilian flag that's almost too big to easily hold when spreading my arms? :p  (I bought it to take with me to the biathlon next week, so the girls know where I'm standing :d )

Haha, nice. :d

hckosice    838

Highest ever win for Slovakia at Floorball world championships in history finished by this quite nice tic-tac-toe goal  from 2:10:00 :d

heywoodu    1,173

Brazilian flag packed, check.  Ok I've got everything, time to go say hi to the Brazilian biathletes in Switzerland :cheer:

• Like 1

konig    193
4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Brazilian flag packed, check.  Ok I've got everything, time to go say hi to the Brazilian biathletes in Switzerland :cheer:

Tell the history of why you are a brazilian Biathlon fan.

heywoodu    1,173
1 hour ago, konig said:

Tell the history of why you are a brazilian Biathlon fan.

In steps :p

First I had a Brazilian girlfriend, who later became my ex-girlfriend. Then it was time for the Winter Olympics of 2010 and on the biggest Dutch forum, every year there is the 'support an exotic nation' thread (which I introduced here on Totallympics last year), so naturally I chose Brazil. I did so again for 2014, this time asking athlete Leandro Ribela a couple of questions. A year later I did that again, since he had quite an interesting project ot help children from the favelas (Ski na Rua - ski on the street), I published that on a Dutch website, he posted it on his Facebook and this new Brazilian biathlete (Bruna Moura) suddenly DM'ed me asking if I was an athlete or a fan. That led to her being without a doubt my best friend in the world now, almost 3 years later :)

And since the other young Brazilian biathlete is her best friend (together with me now :d ) and they absolutely always hang out together wherever they can, I'm now friends with both of them and whenever I visit them for a competition (this is the 3rd time) we mostly hang out together with the three of us :)

• Like 6

dcro    1,017
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

asking if I was an athlete or a fan

Or, was it: "Are you an athlete or a stalker?" :p

• Haha 3

heywoodu    1,173
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Or, was it: "Are you an athlete or a stalker?" :p

:lol:

Just to clarify: SHE contacted ME, not the other way around (I had only even read her name once as part of Ribela's answers to my interview about his project) :p