website statistics

Karate WKF Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

and this is a quick recap of those who are going to take part into the final round robin groups later today and fight for the 3 Olympic spots available in each class...

women's Kata: :TUR Dilara Bozan / :GER Jasmin Juettner / :FRA Alexandra Feracci / :IRI Fatemeh Sadeghi

women's Kumite -55kg: :KAZ Moldir Zhangbyrbay / :RUS Anna Chernysheva / :POL Dorota Banaszczyk / :BUL Ivet Goranova

men's Kumite -67kg: :TUR Eray Samdan / :HUN Yves Martial Tadissi / :JOR Abdel Rahman Almasatfa / :AZE Firdovsi Farzaliyev

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

well i think Egypt still has a chance to qualify in this weight category by continental quota if Feryal could qualify through this tournament , but Radwa Sayed is the one who'll qualify is that correct @phelps

Yes. that would be Radwa, you can't replace her

but with this result, :IRI Alipour (61kg) is guaranteed the Asian quota even if she loses tomorrow. I'm 100% sure she doesn't know that.

of course only if my calculations are correct. I'm 99% sure I'm not wrong.

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yes. that would be Radwa, you can't replace her

but with this result, :IRI Alipour (61kg) is guaranteed the Asian quota even if she loses tomorrow. I'm 100% sure she doesn't know that.

of course only if my calculations are correct. I'm 99% sure I'm not wrong.

I hopr she doesn't know that. China counts on her qualifying through the match then Li Ranran can get the continental quota.

Continental quotas ladder

@phelps by my count Semeraro is 100% safe. there is no scenario that both +61 spots been taken before Europe.

no big change on the men's side, I will leave that until tomorrow.

Oceania:

1. :NZL Anacan (Kata - Rank 9) - Qualified Continental Quota

Africa:

1. :EGY Abdelaziz (+61kg - Rank 5)

2. :EGY Sayed (55kg - Rank 11) - failed to qualify directly

America:

1. :PER Grande (61kg - Rank 9) - will go to Tokyo even if doesn't qualify directly

2. :BRA Kumizaki (55kg - Rank 19) - failed to qualify directly

Asia:

1. :IRI Alipour (61kg - Rank 6) - will go to Tokyo even if doesn't qualify directly

2. :CHN Li (55kg - Rank 8) - failed to qualify directly

3. :KAZ Berultseva (+61kg - Rank 9)

Europe:

1. :ITA Semeraro (+61kg - Rank 11)- will go to Tokyo even if doesn't qualify directly

2. :UKR Serogina (61kg - Rank 12)

3. :AUT Plank (55kg - Rank 14) - failed to qualify directly

in case you are not familiar with Round Robin competitions in Karate, that rule "Hantei" doesn't exist here. if they finish 0-0 that will be counted as a draw. but senshu still exists, so it's possible to win a match 1-1.

the first tie breaker is head to head but the next one is the total number of points you score.

but having a round robin competition in Kata is interesting. they have to perform 3 different Katas for these 3 matches. they have to decide when and against who perform their favorite Kata. if that was me I would use my best Kata against the weaker opponent here. because one win is probably enough for you to qualify.

44 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I hopr she doesn't know that. China counts on her qualifying through the match then Li Ranran can get the continental quota.

I'm 100% sure she doesn't know. and that's better. because with these rules you never can be 100% sure. it's better to qualify directly and not leave anything to luck.

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

in case you are not familiar with Round Robin competitions in Karate, that rule "Hantei" doesn't exist here. if they finish 0-0 that will be counted as a draw. but senshu still exists, so it's possible to win a match 1-1.

the first tie breaker is head to head but the next one is the total number of points you score.

but having a round robin competition in Kata is interesting. they have to perform 3 different Katas for these 3 matches. they have to decide when and against who perform their favorite Kata. if that was me I would use my best Kata against the weaker opponent here. because one win is probably enough for you to qualify.

ofc I misread that and for a split second thought that it's "rule hentai". 

42 minutes ago, MHSN said:

It seems that this is not what Jasmin Jüttner did...best score in all three rounds and loosing against the French in the first final match