website statistics

Karate WKF Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

34 minutes ago, MHSN said:

while you can't compare scores from different pools because different judges are there but Sadeghi's 2nd round result from the same pool was better than :TUR Bozan's 3rd round result! I don't know if she just performed her best Kata too early or simply had a bad performance in the 3rd round. :(

I guess it's because Judges get more strict in giving points when it comes to Finals such as any technical sports like Gymnastics it diving 

9 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I guess it's because Judges get more strict in giving points when it comes to Finals such as any technical sports like Gymnastics it diving 

yeah maybe but she scored a high point (her best) in the bronze medal match. which would be enough for her to win the group in the 3rd round.

but we can't compare scores from each round because they are not performing the same Kata. but you expect the increase in each round.

21 minutes ago, szy123 said:

When are kata finals? And what is "round robin" listed at the bottom of a timetable everyday meant to be?

The round robin is the final. Basically the top 4 meet in a round robin, and the top 3 from the round robin qualify to the Olympics.

I do not endorse this format.

Amir Mehdizadeh was terrible and lost handily to Jordan. I don't think JOR can make it to the final. even if he does. Mehdizadeh is not in a good shape today to beat all those guys in the repechage. pity he used to be great. not anymore obviously :(

what's "sad" is that he beat Hamoun Derafshipour in our trials and then Derafshipour (2018 Worlds bronze medalist) left Iran claiming that's just because of his job in Canada and he still wishes to represent Iran in international competitions. but few days ago all of a sudden his name appeared in the "Refugee team"

it's kind of feel great to lose trials in your own country and then still goes to the Olympics from the backdoor without doing anything. and bringing your own wife to the Games as your coach!

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Amir Mehdizadeh was terrible and lost handily to Jordan. I don't think JOR can make it to the final. even if he does. Mehdizadeh is not in a good shape today to beat all those guys in the repechage. pity he used to be great. not anymore obviously :(

what's "sad" is that he beat Hamoun Derafshipour in our trials and then Derafshipour (2018 Worlds bronze medalist) left Iran claiming that's just because of his job in Canada and he still wishes to represent Iran in international competitions. but few days ago all of a sudden his name appeared in the "Refugee team"

it's kind of feel great to lose trials in your own country and then still goes to the Olympics from the backdoor without doing anything. and bringing your own wife to the Games as your coach!

He claims because his wife couldn't be his coach in Iran is why they "ran away"

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

tbh the no. of Iranian athletes leaving Iran is not anyhow good for Iranian Sport , i fear that Iran could become like Cuba with many talents living abroad and representing other countries