website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games



Recommended Posts

On 22/06/2019 at 21:30, nitinsanker said:

Just out of curiosity ..... china only 3 ...... what about countries like N Korea , taiwan, indonesia ? 

 

They are all clean as a virgin's honeypot, ofc. Especially N.Korea, I'd bet on them with my eyes closed

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here I see two new Vietnamese weightlifters being added to the suspended list https://www.iwf.net/anti-doping/sanctions/   there is another guy TRINH Van Vinh in 2018. from what I googl

Weightlifting at the 2020 Summer Olympics – Simulation: https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/podnoszenie-ciezarow/839646/ciezarowcy-walcza-o-igrzyska-trudna-sytuacja-polakow  

With weightlifting it won't be as easy as with boxing for the IOC to govern it for Tokyo. First of all - much less time, secondly - in boxing it was mostly governance and judges, here we have... every

On 22/06/2019 at 20:30, nitinsanker said:

Just out of curiosity ..... china only 3 ...... what about countries like N Korea , taiwan, indonesia ? 

 

China 7

North Korea 8

Taiwan 5

 

Indonesia less than 3...I think they have only 1

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Sindo pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question.... Reading through.... Qualification criteria , top 8 as per ranking very clear, then one per continent not rep in the rank ( presuming top ranked continental lifter ) , one either tripartite or host..... So if let us say we have 8 selects then 2 continental lifters from say Africa , is Aus Or oceania a continent ..... What happens to the remaining 2 ? 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nitinsanker said:

Quick question.... Reading through.... Qualification criteria , top 8 as per ranking very clear, then one per continent not rep in the rank ( presuming top ranked continental lifter ) , one either tripartite or host..... So if let us say we have 8 selects then 2 continental lifters from say Africa , is Aus Or oceania a continent ..... What happens to the remaining 2 ? 

 

you are a bit wrong, it says top 8 +  the next best weightlifter from each continent. even if top 8 are all from Asia. still one more Asian WLers will qualify

 

so top 8 + the best from Asia, Africa, Oceania, Europe and America.

 

8 + 5 + 1 (host/tripartite) = 14 for each weight

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

 

you are a bit wrong, it says top 8 +  the next best weightlifter from each continent. even if top 8 are all from Asia. still one more Asian WLers will qualify

 

so top 8 + the best from Asia, Africa, Oceania, Europe and America.

 

8 + 5 + 1 (host/tripartite) = 14 for each weigh

Right thanks..... I think the IWF said then the best weightlifter from each continent from an unrepresented NOC I presume in that weight category . . . . .  aus and oceania come under which continent? 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2019 at 13:24, rosario said:

Thanks. This information is useful although they have missed out the women's 71kg category unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...