website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s a weird experience travelling through Los Angeles by bus.  There’s 3-4 stops where all the shops, and everyone who gets on & off are Armenian, followed by 3-4 stops of Thailand, 3-4 stops of Guatemala etc etc.

Wow, that is some generalistic election ad that literally any candidate in history could use.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, that is some generalistic election ad that literally any candidate in history could use.

It's good enough for me. He doesn't have to show his personal character or political views. He just need to be normal, stable-minded and a typical moderate democrat. That's enough for him to win the vote, any further behavior is an another adventure.

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Biden, more than any candidate in any election I have ever followed, is running on the message of being the most vanilla politician imaginable.

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

Biden, more than any candidate in any election I have ever followed, is running on the message of being the most vanilla politician imaginable.

Although i don’t think he will be a good president, his “running line “ of being the most vanilla politician, is the reason his the democratic nominee in the first place, he is similar and different from trump at the same time

50 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Although i don’t think he will be a good president, his “running line “ of being the most vanilla politician, is the reason his the democratic nominee in the first place, he is similar and different from trump at the same time

Actually he’d the Democratic nominee because the Dems used COVID as an excuse to cheat Bernie Sanders out of the win he’d earned on votes cast.

8 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Actually he’d the Democratic nominee because the Dems used COVID as an excuse to cheat Bernie Sanders out of the win he’d earned on votes cast.

The primary was effectively over before COVID-19 became a major issue. Super Tuesday was a death blow to Sanders’ campaign.

47 minutes ago, NearPup said:

The primary was effectively over before COVID-19 became a major issue. Super Tuesday was a death blow to Sanders’ campaign.

Yeah, all the moderates and party officials consolidated under Biden in a last ditch effort to beat Sanders.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela