website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I read all of the Eragon books in middle school. I could be wrong here, but I believe the answer is C. Inkheart Trilogy

If there's a chance you can be wrong here, you should play it safe by 50:50 maybe.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

1 minute ago, Quasit said:

If there's a chance you can be wrong here, you should play it safe by 50:50 maybe.

For better or worse I’m going to commit to my answer. I’m near positive the Eragon books were a trilogy (one had a blue cover, one had a green cover, and then one had a red cover; each after the three dragons I believe). While there were elves, the other options just don’t sound right to me.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

C: Inkheart Trilogy

Pts. 8,000

"Eragon" is the first book of which literary compound work?

A: Twilight Saga   B: The Inheritance Cycle
  C: Inkheart Trilogy                                      D: Enchanted Forest Chronicles             

You said, for the better or the worse.

This time it was ... for the worse.

Eragon is a tetralogy. There are Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance. Inkheart is something completely different.

But one way or another the good thing about it is, there is a book you have not read yet.

For this game, sadly, it brings you back to 1,000 Points.

Pts. 8,000

"Eragon" is the first book of which literary compound work?

A: Twilight Saga   B: The Inheritance Cycle
  C: Inkheart Trilogy                                      D: Enchanted Forest Chronicles             

TOTAL WINNINGS

♦               P t s .  1 , 0 0 0             

I kept thinking there was a yellow one too, so I’m just a dumbass. Huh...that is my worst performance in trivia ever. I can’t believe how poorly I did. Well, I’m going to go turn off all the lights in my house and cry in a dark corner real quick.

My disappointment aside, thanks for the awesome game of trivia as always @Quasit. I’m going to study hard in case I ever get a third chance. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

For now, that was my bit of contribution to the community. Tomorrow is TAISC day, enjoy!

I'll likely offer more quiz next weekend again. Thanks to @heywoodu and @Olympian1010 for playing and @dcro for helping out. :) 

For record, it was between b and c for me. I ultimately choose c becuase Inheritance seemed like an incorrect description of the series, since characters often didn’t in inherit their positions in society. However, if you consider the dragon selecting its rider as the rider “inheriting” the dragon, then I guess that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I kept thinking there was a yellow one too, so I’m just a dumbass. Huh...that is my worst performance in trivia ever. I can’t believe how poorly I did. Well, I’m going to go turn off all the lights in my house and cry in a dark corner real quick.

My disappointment aside, thanks for the awesome game of trivia as always @Quasit. I’m going to study hard in case I ever get a third chance. 

Don't be too upset about it, looking at it, this stack turned out to be a bit challenging.

As long as I prepare questions and series, there will be a third, fourth, fifth chance. :d