website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

I wonder who is in the lead in 4th places in reality, I've seen several countries make that claim :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Haughey didn't become the new Schooling. Let's see, if she would disappear on the road to Paris like he did.

Would make sense and would be nice to see (her disappear). Whenever a country pays insane amounts of money for medals (like Singapore or Hong Kong) it basically translates to "We don't care if you dope, just win a medal".

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, ofan said:

Oh believe me, it is Canada lol

But GB is sure it's them, and even in the Netherlands (which is nonsense of course) people are saying the same :lol: 

4th places and near-misses are somehow always remembered more than successes, it seems.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

GB by a margin (check the medal count thread).

Right, I always ignore that thread because I'm constantly one or two finals behind in what I've still got to watch :d 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder who is in the lead in 4th places in reality, I've seen several countries make that claim :d 

Actually as per this :CAN moves into second...

8 hours ago, Quasit said:

After Day 6 Rio: 94/306 events, 55 NOCs with medals

After Day 6 Tokyo: 112/339 events, 66 NOCs with medals

Consistent medalling by the top guns once again. :CHN with an improvement (11-8-11 in Rio) until this point while the :USA Americans have gone down slightly (16-12-10 in Rio) due to dominating less in the pool this time.

Almost the same nations in the Top 10 now as five years ago. Only :HUN Hungary (5-1-1 in Rio) not finding themselves in that list right now. Instead we have the :FRA French in 8th (11th in Rio with 2-4-5 in medals).

:CRO Croatia now one bronze better (2-0-0 in Rio) and there's a guaranteed gold and silver coming their way tomorrow.

Alessandra Perilli wins :SMR San Marino's first ever medal!

4th place counter*

(11) :GBR 

(8) :USA 

(7) :CAN:HUN:ITA

(6) :FRA:NED

(5) :CHN:GER:MEX:ROC:KOR

(4) :GEO:TUR

(3) :BEL:JPN:SUI

(2) :AUS:BRA:DEN:ISR:NOR:POL:SLO:UKR:UZB

(1) :ALB:ARG:AZE:BLR:BIH:TPE:COL:CIV:CRO:CUB:CZE:FIN:LTU:NIG:POR:ROU:SRB:SGP:ESP:THA:VEN and the Refugee Olympic Team

*5th places in events that award two bronze medals

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

But GB is sure it's them, and even in the Netherlands (which is nonsense of course) people are saying the same :lol: 

4th places and near-misses are somehow always remembered more than successes, it seems.

Absolutely, they are the most painful!

Would love to see an analysis post-Games on which country had the most "close calls"