website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Garcia lost to Romania in Mongolia, and Romania lost to Slovenia. So it will be tough for him to qualify.

Hopefully one of tagziev/gill/pineda qualify (or more) 

Yeah I remember that but wrestling is not logic, at the same tournament Garcia was the only one who really made problems for Batirov. while Batirov beat the rest (incudling Bucur and Habat) easily. yeah Garcia was terrible in repechage but it happens sometimes. btw considering his age , it will be hard for him against younger opponents.

btw some people already know that but I have to repeat David Habat is an American wrestler (from Slovenian heritage) nobody can underestimate him. the same goes to the Uruguayan guy in top half and also Abdurakhmanov of UZB at 74.

no chance for Gill he has Saritov in his half. Pineda has to beat 3-4 wrestlers better than himself, almost impossible. outside of Garcia I believe Tagziev has the best chance among the Canadians, with Ncube behind him. Tagziev's chance is even more because his first 3 matches are not supposed to be hard for him.

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yeah I remember that but wrestling is not logic, at the same tournament Garcia was the only one who really made problems for Batirov. while Batirov beat the rest (incudling Bucur and Habat) easily. yeah Garcia was terrible in repechage but it happens sometimes. btw considering his age , it will be hard for him against younger opponents.

btw some people already know that but I have to repeat David Habat is an American wrestler (from Slovenian heritage) nobody can underestimate him. the same goes to the Uruguayan guy in top half and also Abdurakhmanov of UZB at 74.

no chance for Gill he has Saritov in his half. Pineda has to beat 3-4 wrestlers better than himself, almost impossible. outside of Garcia I believe Tagziev has the best chance among the Canadians, with Ncube behind him. Tagziev's chance is even more because his first 3 matches are not supposed to be hard for him.

If 2 qualify it would meet Wrestling Canada's goal of 3 men in Rio. 

maybe Brzozowski will surprise, that would be sth!! Turkish wrestler at home will be probably too much for Bieńkowski ;)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

9 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

What happens to the 4 Host Quota's? Do Brazil get them or do they move to the Tripartite Invitations?

All of them will become Tripartite invitations. 4 host quotas are there only in case that hosts don't qualify anyone, for every athlete that host qualifies the host quota is reduced by 1 (Brazil qualified 5).

So we will have as much as 8 Tripartite invitations (4 unused host quotas + 4 by default)!

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen