website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

6 hours ago, Vojthas said:

The topic of pancake restaurants in the TISC topic? @Vektor - Talpra magyar, hí a haza! ;)

Sadly I don't know much about pancake restaurants.

But on the topic of pancakes, I remember watching American movies as a kid, and seeing them eat pancake and I was like "Wtf, that's not what a pancake is!" :d

We eat crepe and call it "pancake" (palacsinta). Just to give an example, one of the Hungarian crepes is the "Hortobágyi húsos palacsinta", which is basically a crepe filled with meat, and served with paprika and sour cream sauce. It wouldn't be a Hungarian dish without paprika. :lol: It's not the healthiest dish in the world but it can be quite tasty and it's not that hard to make. 

I'm very very late to this discussion, but I just came back home.

I'm kinda sad that there's only the word pancakes for every single type of "pancake", because we have something very different here and it goes by a different word and is made from completely different ingredients, but when people hear the word pancake, they immediately think America.

unnamed (3).jpg

These are 'pancakes' infused with yeast and they usually always have a filling, most popular are apples, but strawberries, blueberries, pears are used often too. And they're also usually coated in sugar after they're fried. 

27 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Sadly I don't know much about pancake restaurants.

But on the topic of pancakes, I remember watching American movies as a kid, and seeing them eat pancake and I was like "Wtf, that's not what a pancake is!" :d

We eat crepe and call it "pancake" (palacsinta). Just to give an example, one of the Hungarian crepes is the "Hortobágyi húsos palacsinta", which is basically a crepe filled with meat, and served with paprika and sour cream sauce. It wouldn't be a Hungarian dish without paprika. :lol: It's not the healthiest dish in the world but it can be quite tasty and it's not that hard to make. 

We do this, but we fill them with bananas instead :d  on rare occasions it can be ham or curd as well, but banana is the most popular variant.

9 hours ago, Vektor said:

They also call Football a sport mostly played with hands, so :d

10 hours ago, Werloc said:

He should make a hate tier list by now, because I also remember him hating corn.

The state of Iowa hasn't recovered yet from the shock.

Olives and corn really are at the top of my list. Although bell peppers, which we call paprika, are not good neither. At least when mixed up in some dish with pasta and sauce and other vegetables and meat and such, it's alright since - unlike the dreaded olives and corn - it doesn't entirely take over the taste of every bite.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A total of 10 nations are now listed as having completed their votes, three of the six multi-member juries have at least one member who has voted as well and so are officially in. Five more today and we're halfway :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!