website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ECA European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

10 minutes ago, copravolley said:

In the case of Italy, we had Rizzo, the 200-meter medalist from Tokyo for k-1, who was unable to adapt to the 500 meters and will not go to the Olympics. However, there are no young successors. What's the point of winning medals among juniors or U-23s if we can't transfer it to senior sport later? The result will be that in the kayak sprint we will send two people in c2-500 to Paris... Not much :( When you remember the times and names such as Rossi-Bonomi or Josefa Idem, it makes me heart sad :(

the same for France we are also in agony in canoe sprint

9 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The Netherlands is a powerhouse in rowing, so nothing stops you from investing in kayaks. You can choose similar places to train. Here it is more necessary to attract training ideas from abroad, which should not be a problem considering the large financial resources in Dutch sport. It frustrates me that Italy has given up on kayaking, which once brought us many Olympic medals but the problem is that there is still too little money for olympics sports sports in our country.

We didnt give up anything, you can see It well in canoe where we never existed and now we have a very good C1 and C2, also in the 90es we relied on 2-3-4 ( Rossi, Bonomi, Scarpa) great champions but we never had a great team. In women we never existed ( i dont count Idem that Is a german athlete trained and grew up in Germany), now we have several girls that are doing well in juniores and under 23, we have to hope that at least 1 or 2 could become good also in senior, in last years we had Rizza but 200m that Is not olympic anymore, a good k2 1000 but Is not olympic anymore ( in sure that Burgo and Schera together would have been world and olympic finalists in k2 1000), and we have also to Remember that there are less and less quota places for sprint canoeing, its more difficult to qualify 

2 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

We didnt give up anything, you can see It well in canoe where we never existed and now we have a very good C1 and C2, also in the 90es we relied on 2-3-4 ( Rossi, Bonomi, Scarpa) great champions but we never had a great team. In women we never existed ( i dont count Idem that Is a german athlete trained and grew up in Germany), now we have several girls that are doing well in juniores and under 23, we have to hope that at least 1 or 2 could become good also in senior, in last years we had Rizza but 200m that Is not olympic anymore, a good k2 1000 but Is not olympic anymore ( in sure that Burgo and Schera together would have been world and olympic finalists in k2 1000), and we have also to Remember that there are less and less quota places for sprint canoeing, its more difficult to qualify 

Does Tacchini also have can to start in c-1? 

Despite everything, I was counting on one qualification in k-1 or k-2. Maybe tomorrow Burgo? Unfortunately, Italy lost heavily by withdrawing the k-1 200 from the Olympic program.

19 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

2 races and 0 quotas! They are so bad! no chance of hope of drafting the female c2?

It is up to the IOC

16 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

how can you tell me more? can France receive an invitation quota in women's c2 and men's k2?

The only way you can get quota in WC2 as well as Poland in MC2 - to scratch AINs results. The ICF says they are OK with AIN pairs at their competitions.

But according to the IOC statement only individual neutral athletes can compete at the Olympics. It is obvious to all (except ICF and WR) that 2 individual athletes cannot compete in the same boat.

But of course the the IOC (or better say Bach) may solve it its own way. So some activities from the NOCs of France and Poland would help the IOC to make fair decision.

10 minutes ago, avlar said:

The only way you can get quota in WC2 as well as Poland in MC2 - to scratch AINs results. The ICF says they are OK with AIN pairs at their competitions.

But according to the IOC statement only individual neutral athletes can compete at the Olympics. It is obvious to all (except ICF and WR) that 2 individual athletes cannot compete in the same boat.

But of course the the IOC (or better say Bach) may solve it its own way. So some activities from the NOCs of France and Poland would help the IOC to make fair decision.

what to do ? make a claim ? we have no chance

49 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Does Tacchini also have can to start in c-1? 

Despite everything, I was counting on one qualification in k-1 or k-2. Maybe tomorrow Burgo? Unfortunately, Italy lost heavily by withdrawing the k-1 200 from the Olympic program.

If he wants he can start also in C1, i dont think Craciun has chance to qualify, k2 500 was Impossible to qualify, Rizza Is a pure sprinter, he did for all his career only 200 race, for me they made a very good race today with 4th Place. Burgo in my opinion was the only italian with chance tò qualify for Paris but It wont be a surprise if he wont make finishing 3rd or fourth