website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2024

It turns out the Spanish anti-doping agency (CELAD) covered positive drug tests since 2017 :lol: They send notifications to athletes through paper mail hence the response time lapsed which allowed the entire case to expire.

I'm sure firing only the head of the agency will make the case disappear and everything will be fine overnight :coffee:

https://onefootball.com/es/noticias/spanish-anti-doping-agency-have-overlook-positive-drug-tests-of-athletes-38791510

https://www.reuters.com/sports/wada-taking-hard-look-spains-anti-doping-organisation-2024-01-05/

• 3 weeks later...

So I think this is a record.

Bobsleigh / luge competitor Anastasiya Skulkina-Tambovtseva has been banned for 2 years until October 2025 but the positive drug test actually happened in October 2012 and she retired in 2014.

The Russians hid the positive test until the Moscow Lab data was revealed a few years ago. She lost an appeal at CAS late last year and the ban was only revealed yesterday.

11 years before she was banned...

:GER Sara Benfares has been provisionally suspended after positive drug test. German Anti-Doping Agency reporting positive test for EPO and the steroid testosterone. 

I have seen on other sources that she has been receiving medical treatment, so it is possible that the adverse finding could be linked to that rather than performance enhancement. 

10 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

:GER Sara Benfares has been provisionally suspended after positive drug test. German Anti-Doping Agency reporting positive test for EPO and the steroid testosterone. 

I have seen on other sources that she has been receiving medical treatment, so it is possible that the adverse finding could be linked to that rather than performance enhancement. 

https://www.spe15.fr/sara-benfares-une-triste-histoire-de-maladie-et-dopage/

17 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

She (apparently) has bone cancer and EPO is part of her treatment.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Dutch cyclist Antwan Tolhoek has tested positive....for steroids :lol: 

Seriously, the rider who in Dutch cycling circles is called 'Child soldier' because of his tiny appearance, gets caught for steroids :d 

Spoiler

antwan-tolhoek-626c3e36a0259.jpg

Edit: I had forgotten for this season he had made the switch to one of those super shady Portuguese continental teams, where generally they sprint up the mountains until they get caught and/or the team gets disbanded due to investigations. Oh well, matter of time then, he didn't even make it past the first winter :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!