Women's Team Epee

Current OQR after Today's event

:KOR 248 Q by Ranking
:POL 236 Q by Ranking
:FRA 220 Q by Ranking
:ITA 212 Q by Ranking

:UKR 188 Q by Continental Spot (Europe)
:HKG 168 Q by Continental Spot (Asia)
:USA 161 Q by Continental Spot (Pan-America)

:SUI 157
:HUN 147
:CHN 144
:CAN 133
:EST 129
:EGY 126 Q by Continental Spot (Africa)
:ISR 126
:JPN 119
:SWE 87

in the women's Team epee is basically all done and dusted despite the 3 events left

the only possible comeback is :CHN overtaking :HKG just on the finish line, but it won't be easy at all

the other spots look to be set in stone, just a few positional changes are possible

Very good 5th place in women's team sabre :yes  We are regularly doing better than Spain and Azerbaijan now, so i'm certain we will finish ahead of them. The question is if it will be possible to catch Italy for the final spot. I don't know how many points was the difference today, but 27 aren't small. Probably will have to make a breakthrough top 3 placement in the next World Cups to have a chance.

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Very good 5th place in women's team sabre :yes  We are regularly doing better than Spain and Azerbaijan now, so i'm certain we will finish ahead of them. The question is if it will be possible to catch Italy for the final spot. I don't know how many points was the difference today, but 27 aren't small. Probably will have to make a breakthrough top 3 placement in the next World Cups to have a chance.

between 5th and 8th place there's a 6-point difference, 32 vs 26

11 hours ago, Josh said:

Where can I find the updated Olympic rankings?

the team rankings are in this thread (for the women's Foil gotta wait until the next event) :evil:

the Individual rankings (but also the team's) are here (but you have to make some maths by yourself)

https://paris.fie.org/

14 hours ago, phelps said:

maybe the most defined situation of them all, in the men's Team Sabre

basically, all the teams currently in qualifying position will be the qualified teams at the end of the OQP

:GER have now more than 20 points to make up to :ITA for the European spot, :JPN have 20 points to make up to :IRI for the Asian spot

everything else is set in stone

I fear that Germany will indeed miss the qualification and will be the only 6th placed nation in any weapon to miss the Olympics (I assume that they will pass Iran).
Perhaps a small chance, that Canada will miss Top16 so they could get a re-allocated place but that would require a total desaster for Canada in all remaining competitions (i.e. missing Top16) and good results for the other teams in this area....

Edited by Mecki83

1 hour ago, Josh said:

:HUN:FRA:ITA will probably qualify teams in men’s epee. How likely is it for Venezuela to place among the top four, and overtake South Korea and Kazakhstan? Really want Canada to qualify a team here :fingers:

very, very unlikely...

I think :KOR will easily end up in the top 4 and :JPN might well catch :KAZ before the end of the OQP

I think :CAN have no chance here

1 hour ago, Mecki83 said:

I fear that Germany will indeed miss the qualification and will be the only 6th placed nation in any weapon to miss the Olympics (I assume that they will pass Iran).
Perhaps a small chance, that Canada will miss Top16 so they could get a re-allocated place but that would require a total desaster for Canada in all remaining competitions (i.e. missing Top16) and good results for the other teams in this area....

:CAN missing the top 16 is basically impossible, many of those below the current line of the 16th place are not even always attending to the world cup tournaments more often than not

there are more chances that :ITA would eventually make a disaster or two and get caught by :GER than :CAN losing all these positions in the OQR...and I said it all :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...

Men's Individual Foil (:JPN Tokoname)

Gold: :USA Alexander Massialas

Silver: :EGY Mohamed Hamza

Bronze: :ITA Edoardo Luperi & :HKG Ryan Choi Chun Yin

Semifinals

Massialas b. Choi 15-8

Hamza b. Luperi 15-13

Final

Massialas b. Hamza 15-4

Full Ranking & Results

https://fie.org/competitions/2024/135?tab=results