website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

8 hours ago, copravolley said:

She could count on qualifying in the team + individual but now she will only have a chance for a medal in individual event

I think you are a bit overestimating her...she missed team and individual qualification in 2016 and 2021, this was probably her last chance to be an Olympian and she went from having a decent but not huge chance to qualify for GER to a certain one in the easiest zone.

29 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I think you are a bit overestimating her...she missed team and individual qualification in 2016 and 2021, this was probably her last chance to be an Olympian and she went from having a decent but not huge chance to qualify for GER to a certain one in the easiest zone.

I agree. She made 60% of her ranking points with her win at the African Championchips last year which she definitly would not have made at the European Championchips. She did not made any relevant results in the last world cups, so I am not even sure that she would get the starting spot for the European Qualification tournament over Alexandra Ehler.

So I think that she made the right decision and it did not harm the chances of her former team-mates.

12 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

They could do only mixed teams:

Option a: 1 or 2 female Sabre/foil/epee + 1 or 2 male Sabre/foil/epee fencers -> 3 team events

Option b: 1 male/female epee fencer + 1 male/female Sabre fencer + 1 male/female foil fencer -> 2 team events 

More nations that can realistically win a medal (= better tv ratings) + less athletes -> win-win for the IOC

don't give those idiots such "great" ideas :facepalm:

Fencing is good as it is (and the team events are the best in every individual sport)...they only have to recognize that now it has become one of the most well spread sports around the world, with a lot of Countries from every Continent capable of winning medals in any International competition and therefore give more space to it

no changes, just more athletes!

• 4 weeks later...

women's Individual Foil (:GEO Tbilisi)

Gold: :ITA Alice Volpi

Silver: :ITA Arianna Errigo

Bronze: :ITA Anna Cristino & :ITA Martina Favaretto

Semifinals

Volpi b. Cristino 15-11

Errigo b. Favaretto 15-8

Final

Volpi b. Errigo 15-9

Full Ranking & Results