website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 20 European Championships 2023

Totallympics

cool, a medal. unexpected one to say the least.

Bronze for Robert Ruffini jr. in High Jump, fun fact! He is also our Juniors Alpine Skiing NT member(yeah, we running short of people, you know small country etc...) :p

well done Rob ! Almost equalled his dad and coach, who won silver in the same event at the european juniors in Cottbus 1985 for Czechoslovakia

Woooooow, Rugilė Miklyčiūtė just won a medal in the pole vault with a new NR!!!

We were always useless in this discipline. Rugilė was the first ever U18 Lithuanian pole vault participant and she's the first U20 as well. 

Really unexpected, but extremely happy we're not coming back with empty hands. 

31 minutes ago, Belle said:

5th GOLD for :SWE

Sara Winberg in women’s pole vault :clap:

Crazy performance, pretty much all your medals are golds. Like Germany you need to work on your conversion rate though, not many keep progressing at senior level. Norway without a single medal after having a great performance at the U23 european championships just recently.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

What a fail by the german runner in women's 4 x 400 m ...

Crazy that Germany won the medal table with such a huge margin although tons of their medal contenders failed/didn't even compete (Kadiri, Becker, Hinrichs, Attermeyer, Göring, Sistermann, Kallabis, Lahrs, Lukas, Martin, Schmitt, Müller, women's 4 x 400 m). Easily could have been 30 medals for Germany.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

Woooooow, Rugilė Miklyčiūtė just won a medal in the pole vault with a new NR!!!

We were always useless in this discipline. Rugilė was the first ever U18 Lithuanian pole vault participant and she's the first U20 as well. 

Really unexpected, but extremely happy we're not coming back with empty hands. 

Wow, I completely written off any possibilities of the medal, because come on.. it's pole vault.... Our Achilles heel... Truly a historic moment lol :d

2 hours ago, Bearas said:

Wow, I completely written off any possibilities of the medal, because come on.. it's pole vault.... Our Achilles heel... Truly a historic moment lol :d

I told my friend that the ranking between 3rd and 20th is literally a couple of centimetres, so a medal is possible in case Rugilė gets a PB here, since I believed that 4.20 would guarantee a medal and she had 4.10 from last year.

I didn't really believe that she would do it, after bombing out at the Team Championships and suffering a mini disaster last year in U18, but the chance was there, since it's a very close race and anybody had a chance if they overperformed.