website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

I feel like I'm the only person here who would be pretty happy with either bid winning (either will be an improvement over Beijing IMO). Both bids have pretty big weaknesses, but I feel like they also both have some pretty big strengths too. If it wasn't for the venues for Alpine Skiing and the sliding sports I would be all in behind the Stockholm bid. But hosting the sliding sports in another country is just really weird and Milan's Alpine Skiing venues are way, way better than Åre.

I'm honestly really torn on which bid I prefer.

Edited by NearPup

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Swedish Olympics would likely feature species that were believed to be extinct - Olympic cross-country skiing fans.

I really like that their cross country venue is urban. Would provide for a great atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Agger said:

The theory of a 2026-2030 double has been mentioned by media. I doubt it considering the potential bids for 2030, but who knows? It would mean more time without new bidding.

I feel this would have been more likely had the Calgary bid survived.

11 hours ago, Agger said:

The theory of a 2026-2030 double has been mentioned by media. I doubt it considering the potential bids for 2030, but who knows? It would mean more time without new bidding.

It was announced few minutes ago that it thw 2030 Olympics will not be assigned at the same time as the 2026 Olympics