website statistics

Wrestling 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Thanks, I don't follow WWE , didn't know there are some problems there, (never understand why people might be interested in such a thing, they can watch movies if they want fake fights)

US wrestling is actually paying pretty good to its successful wrestlers. it's good news to watch him in action once again. he never met our top guy (only trash talking between them lol) 125kg will be very interesting in Belgrade with him, Akgul, Geno, that Mongolian tough guy and our wrestler (Zare or the new guy Masoumi)

I still can't forget how Geno lost to him in the very last second in Tokyo :cry: 

Many true sports entertainment wrestling fans like myself watch wrestling for the storylines that are created and, particularly with the European wrestlers, to watch big beefy men beat the shit out of each other. As for Gable, he hasn't wrestled a match since he signed and has hardly been featured. WWE clearly don't think he's ready, and think sending him down to their developmental brand (NXT) will waste his marketability potential and ruin how he comes across to fans. Maybe that's why he's been allowed to go back to traditional wrestling, to hone in his skills more and improve on a more relevant stage. 

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Many true sports entertainment wrestling fans like myself watch wrestling for the storylines that are created and, particularly with the European wrestlers, to watch big beefy men beat the shit out of each other. As for Gable, he hasn't wrestled a match since he signed and has hardly been featured. WWE clearly don't think he's ready, and think sending him down to their developmental brand (NXT) will waste his marketability potential and ruin how he comes across to fans. Maybe that's why he's been allowed to go back to traditional wrestling, to hone in his skills more and improve on a more relevant stage. 

Hone what skills? Smashing a chair on someone's head? C'mon it's just choreography :lol:

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

Thanks, I don't follow WWE , didn't know there are some problems there, (never understand why people might be interested in such a thing, they can watch movies if they want fake fights)

US wrestling is actually paying pretty good to its successful wrestlers. it's good news to watch him in action once again. he never met our top guy (only trash talking between them lol) 125kg will be very interesting in Belgrade with him, Akgul, Geno, that Mongolian tough guy and our wrestler (Zare or the new guy Masoumi)

I still can't forget how Geno lost to him in the very last second in Tokyo :cry: 

it's not only the fights, it's a show at 360 degrees, it's more about the characters and the plots between the "stables".

it's the eternal "good heroes vs the bad boys" representation.

most people in the western world love this kind of things...it's like being on the set of a JC Van Damme movie all the time.

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

Hone what skills? Smashing a chair on someone's head? C'mon it's just choreography :lol:

still, you have to be a decent actor to play that choreography in a reasonably good manner. ;)

more likely, they couldn't afford to pay Steveson as much as he wanted and started with the "not ready yet" excuse and moved him to the not so profitable 2nd tier league.

5 hours ago, LDOG said:

Most of the matches you see aren't choreographed. All of the wrestlers you see often improvise their matches and liaison with the other wrestler in the middle of the match to tell them what move to do next. There are obviously some spots that are pre determined beforehand, but a lot of it is improv (unless you're Logan Paul, who I don't count as a wrestler, who has all his matches pre choreographed months in advance).  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ranking Series Tournament in :HUN Budapest

Men's Freestyle Champions

-57kg: :CHN Zou Wanhao
-61kg: :ALB Zelimkhan Abakarov
-65kg: :MGL Tulga Tumur Ochir
-70kg: :UKR Ihor Nykyforuk
-74kg: :HUN Murad Kuramagomedov
-79kg: :IRI Mohammad Nokhodi
-86kg: :SMR Myles Nazem Amine
-92kg: :KAZ Rizabek Aitmukhan