website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Virtual 1-0 for Russia after the anthems :bowdown:

Goosebumps, again. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I live in a pretty small city, but we have some senegalese immigrants and was nice to see them celebrating.

Finally someone who lives here was happy about the performance of their team in the first match :p

Now I'm rather curious which place in Brazil has some Senegalese immigrants, I didn't expect that in South America :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Average football fan: drinking way too much beer, making way too much mess and leaving a mountain of trash when they leave.

Japanese football fans:

hace 25 minutos, heywoodu said:

Now I'm rather curious which place in Brazil has some Senegalese immigrants, I didn't expect that in South America :p 

There are a lot in Buenos Aires too, many came in the last 5-10 years. I think they just are in many places of the world.

Russia did not qualify for the second round since the collapse of USSR :yikes: in fact the only ex-USSR country that ever advanced from the group stage is Ukraine. that´s really surprising at least for me.

Russia from all their prticipations at WC or Euros advanced for the second round only once in 2008 Euro...

btw Russia won the opening match of a major tournament by big margin also at the Euro 2012 over the Czechs 4-1 but still managed to finish 3rd of the group and not qualify

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Russia from all their prticipations at WC or Euros advanced for the second round only once in 2008 Euro...

YEAH I KNOW