website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

6 hours ago, rybak said:

I think that they arent allowed to compete in athletics, but are in swimming.

but curiously events in Russia and Belarus count for the olympic ranking/quota, but so far no swimming event in Russia was "Green-lighted". Perhaps the russians will start to swim in other countries (Doha?) and finally will get their quotas.

1 hour ago, Mateus Nagime said:

but curiously events in Russia and Belarus count for the olympic ranking/quota, but so far no swimming event in Russia was "Green-lighted". Perhaps the russians will start to swim in other countries (Doha?) and finally will get their quotas.

Russia is still in murky standing with WADA, which might explain why events aren't being "green-lighted" by World Aquatics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

The last thing which came to my mind tonight - how the ISR vs PLE boxing fight in Paris would look like???

Given the total amount of zero (0) Palestine boxers in Olympic history, I doubt that's going to be an issue. Unless I'm really missing someone who is qualifying for 2024 and doing so in a weight class with a significant chance of meeting an Israeli athlete.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

THIS ISN'T NEWS,WHAT ELSE ARE THEY GOING TO SAY AFTER MONTHS OF SCREAMING ''KEEP RUSSIANS BANNED ?'' there has been nothing stating that we're boycotting if there allowed in. Our olympic head is extreamlly reluctant to go against the ioc,so honestly it might be with a lot of grumbling but we're probably gonna be there with how few Lithuanians will make it in.

Edited by Biathlonfan