website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Nice comment before her 2nd Run :-D :-D :-D

She herself said after the race that she was mentally down and started to really fight with her own head. Only her coach Mauro Pini and her brother Boris managed to motivate her shortly just before the second run

amazing

despite our not-so-good doping record, we had only 1 positive case in the whole Olympic history. (which was 50 years ago) and this guy who was supposed to finish almost last in his competition made it 2. :facepalm: hope they ban him for life. and dissolve the whole ski federation. maybe something good comes out of this.

What the heck is that with the combined? Why is there only one Norwegian, one Italian, one French, one German? Where is everybody? This is the event, where small nations can say, they were top 15 at the Olympics. Has FIS tightened the requirements for the downhill and none if the slalom guys want the hustle? I see no reason why our 2 skiers are not participating....

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

What the heck is that with the combined? Why is there only one Norwegian, one Italian, one French, one German? Where is everybody? This is the event, where small nations can say, they were top 15 at the Olympics. Has FIS tightened the requirements for the downhill and none if the slalom guys want the hustle? I see no reason why our 2 skiers are not participating....

Honestly, I think it's because combined is slowly being killed/phased off. The lack of World Cup events will do that.

13 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

From what they said on tv here, you need to participate in a downhill race at least once and score points if you want to participate in a combined event. This is why several austrians went to Italy to race in Fis cups there to get those points so that they can start this race. I think it was Strolz and Schwarz. And it was during the hectic slalom period. 

32 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

As much as I personally like the combined (esp. compared to events like team parallel GS), how can it be contested at the Olympics with ZERO world cup combined competitions this year? It's practically non-existent these days.

Great comeback for Vlhova. Small gaps. Little boring course like the giant slalom.

23rd and 25th for us... I had no big expectations here, but Leona kind of flopped. But then again, she very nearly missed the Olympics entriely due to one inconclisove test.

#banbestmen