website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Let's be real, Lena Duerr winning this would be hilarious. We haven't had a "shocking" gold medal winner in alpine skiing yet ;)

I had her as 5th favourite in my list, would not have called it that surprising, let alone hilarious or shocking :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well done Petra, I didn’t doubt she could get a medal even for a second, but great to see her getting gold as well. Great reactions and very world-cup like podium which is always nice.

No fluke medalists this year really so far (this will change during men’s combined cause that start list is woeful). I guess most surprising would be RCS (great season last year before injury tho), Brignone (god awful GS season until very recently) and Clarey (but he always has a random 2nd or 3rd place every 10 races).

Just now, Monzanator said:

Whoa! The medal ceremony is so fast after the race? I thought they are doing it in the bubble/cube or whatever that is called?

Our commentator said all ceremonies from Beijing and Zhangjiakou are the evening on the medals plazza, but the events from Jenching (Alspine Skiing and slide sports) are on the sites after the races