Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

konig    194
6 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Well... I only visited Paris once, and it was just for a few hours :lol: I went with my class in high school, we went to the Louvres museum, and Opéra Garnier (a magical place), and I saw Notre-Dame de Paris, and that's it XD I only saw the Eiffel Tower for a few seconds and from far away, so I can't give my opinion on the city. I just know that I will never live there, because it's too big. My sister went there one day for work and she said that she would never live there either because people are too busy and don't pay attention to you, etc... but what I'm saying doesn't help you since you just want to visit the city and not live there :lol: I think it's still something to do, but if you go to France, don't visit only Paris, the country has so many different landscapes. I'm fed up of seeing people sometimes talking about Paris as if it was the entire country. 

The antipathy of the people of Paris is legendary, being honest, how react the normal french if somebody speak in english and not in french?, its only a problem in Paris or in the rest of the France too?, only a few hours there....what you say and your sister is normal, im not from a big city too and Buenos Aires generate me similar feelings, good to visit but terrible to live.

i can say mostly of the argentinians who i know they visit your country, the half part only visit Paris and talk about Paris like "France".

konig    194
8 minutes ago, bestmen said:

@konig you have to try Dubai this city is 100%  touristic/on eenormous amusement park  you will never get bored

and the climate is perfect during the winter , also you can win money & gifts everywhere and if you find one job that will the jackpot :lol:

Is clearly the most interesting city to visit from the arabian world for me, recently, the argentinians dont need visa to go to UAE, thing that make more atractive to visit, my girldfriend dont want to visit any arabian country but thats another problem.......

konig    194
9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Obertilliach :AUT 

Bodenmais :GER

Nice quiet towns :d 

And from Netherlands?, specially outside Amsterdam, i dont know ay person to go to another part of netherlands except the capital........

heywoodu    1,174
6 minutes ago, konig said:

And from Netherlands?, specially outside Amsterdam, i dont know ay person to go to another part of netherlands except the capital........

Honestly, hard to say. I mean, the Veluwe is a nice part of nature, but it's not unique or something :p 

Delft is a pretty nice city if you find history interesting :)

• Like 1

konig    194
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Honestly, hard to say. I mean, the Veluwe is a nice part of nature, but it's not unique or something :p 

Delft is a pretty nice city if you find history interesting :)

Yes, the history is very interesting for me, thanks for the information, i see Eindhoven is not recomend :lol:

hckosice    838

Did not found anything in spanish, but here a nice one in portuguese language from Brazilian TV about the nature and castles of SVK, if you are interested about the landscapes.

• Like 1

konig    194
8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Did not found anything in spanish, but here a nice one in portuguese language from Brazilian TV about the nature and castles of SVK, if you are interested about the landscapes.

Muito obrigado Kamil :)

• Like 1

heywoodu    1,174
14 minutes ago, konig said:

Yes, the history is very interesting for me, thanks for the information, i see Eindhoven is not recomend :lol:

I would know 0 reasons for Eindhoven to be interesting :p 

• Haha 1

Bohemia    122
48 minutes ago, konig said:

The antipathy of the people of Paris is legendary, being honest, how react the normal french if somebody speak in english and not in french?, its only a problem in Paris or in the rest of the France too?, only a few hours there....what you say and your sister is normal, im not from a big city too and Buenos Aires generate me similar feelings, good to visit but terrible to live.

i can say mostly of the argentinians who i know they visit your country, the half part only visit Paris and talk about Paris like "France".

Most people will try to answer in English but our level is very very very low (so that's not always easy to understand) and that drives me to despair...

Where I work, when I answer in English with my accent to English-speaking people, they always look surprised, they always tell me that I have a good accent, so I think it shows that they are used to people in France not making any efforts to talk in English :lol: 

Yeah I like cities that are not too big but not too small either! For example I studied in Angers and it's like the perfect city for me, it has around 150,000 inhabitants and it's really pleasant, and there are a lot of things to do (well, maybe not for tourists :lol: Although there is a castle)

@hckosice I know I already said it a few years ago, but Slovakia looks like a beautiful country and I'd really like to visit it someday :wub:

• Like 1

Agger    140
2 hours ago, konig said:

There is a chance to visit Europe the next year, dear europeans: which cities or places of your countrys recomend most to visit?, of course if somebody wants, we can drink a beer, i dont say to visit in your homes (in Argentina that is very common but i know is not in the most part of the world)

Sounds lovely.

In Denmark I would say Aarhus or Copenhagen are the obvious cities. Copenhagen due to a lot of historical places, beautiful palaces, the little mermaid, two of the world's oldest ammusement parks (one being the oldest) and several fine museums.

Aarhus isn't a city that you can spend a lot of time in, but it's defenitely worth visiting for a couple of days. We have a great arts museum with lovely views from the rooftop rainbow panorama, the lovely old town, where you can see houses from different eras and Moesgaard Museum that is a highly interesting cultural history- and archeology museum. Also there are lots of historical areas and buildings as well as some lovely spots of nature including the bothanical garden and the park that is a part of what's often called one of the world's 10 most beautiful universities. Also Aarhus is most likely where you could find me :p

Other places could be Roskilde or Ribe. Both are smaller, but very historical.

In Sweden I would always say Stockholm. Though it's an expensive city, it's really beautiful and full of interesting places to go.

If you want some good ideas for less expensive cities (both Denmark and Sweden are decently expensive countries) I would say that Cracow and Warsaw (:POL), Prague (:CZE) and Budapest (:HUN) are all very interesting. Berlin is a bit more expensive, but still very payable and also highly recommendable.

If you want to go to southern Europe, my main recommendation would be Florence.

• Thanks 1

hckosice    838
35 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

@hckosice I know I already said it a few years ago, but Slovakia looks like a beautiful country and I'd really like to visit it someday :wub:

Thanks, it´s really nice of you :) but still, you know what we are missing...if we had at least a few meters of the sea coast then we would be the perfect country. :d

hckosice    838

Also, when you mentioned beer :d keep in mind that you will hardly find cheaper beer of a very good quality than in Slovakia, I´ll not say that our beers are excellent like in the Czech Rep. or Germany but still very good and reputed. Beer is often cheaper than non-alcoholic drinks such as bottled mineral water or soda. The average price for a beer (if you order for a beer you´ll receive a 0.5 l ) in Bratislava, which is the ofc highest priced in Slovakia but still considerably cheap around 0.90 EURO, in other cities you can find bars or pubs offering local beers for even cheaper.  :d

• Like 1