website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Well, it won't stop Israel from handing out nationality to Russian Jews though. I feel like 90% of Israeli gymnasts and figure skaters are basically Russian or Ukrainian Jews to begin with :p

Yes it’s really been a while since someone that was born and raised here , represented us in those events, so for us it’s a win win, and besides that the attention is now given to the “Israeli bobsleigh team “ which includes 2 Jewish guys and 3 Druze Israeli 

10 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Isn't it so satisfying to make all the russians cry?

The fact that they threatened the referees and they still cry about it everywhere is unbelievable 

Now Maria Sakharova (officially MFA spokeswoman but in practice more like a media troll) is also whining about the lost RG gold medals:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1111418/rhythmic

ROC officially complain about rhythmic gymnastics result as Foreign Ministry spokesperson wades into row

20 minutes ago, opruh said:

This sport should be removed from the olympics. :coffee:

:rolleyes:

If you think that what happened at the Olympics was bad enough, you should remember what happened in your own country. In short, a Filipino gymnast was given a gold medal she never deserved because the event was staged in the Philippines. Now, this is what I call bad judging and robbery towards the host nation. What happened at the Olympics was perfectly normal.

Watch this: 

58 minutes ago, opruh said:

This sport should be removed from the olympics. :coffee:

I’m really not seeing any knowledgeable neutral observers call this result into question. The most I’ve seen is people criticizing the rhythmic code of points.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

I’m really not seeing any knowledgeable neutral observers call this result into question. The most I’ve seen is people criticizing the rhythmic code of points.

People don't really care about rhytmic gymnastics at all outside of the former Soviet Union/Eastern bloc countries. This is a far cry from the figure skating 2002 OG fiasco. Yeah, there are some Americans competing here but they are merely also-runs. I'm pretty sure Russia will bounce back to win more golds in Paris since they have most depth overall. It's only a matter of time. Remember how that :KOR won table tennis gold in Athens? That was supposed to be the end of :CHN dominance. It was anything but :lol: