website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Poor guy precisely just missed men's event. Hope he shows free skating program in the gala.

I'm guessing his COVID case is why he was chosen, otherwise you'd think Brown would get that pick. Either way, makes sense to give him one more skate, hopefully he'll have some fun.

Keegan Messing being chosen for the gala is probably the best thing that will happen to Canadian figure skating all games xD

(Yes Canada looks not all unlikely to get a bronze team medal, but there will be so many asterisks next to it you can't really call it an accomplishment)

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I'm guessing his COVID case is why he was chosen, otherwise you'd think Brown would get that pick. Either way, makes sense to give him one more skate, hopefully he'll have some fun.

Keegan Messing being chosen for the gala is probably the best thing that will happen to Canadian figure skating all games xD

(Yes Canada looks not all unlikely to get a bronze team medal, but there will be so many asterisks next to it you can't really call it an accomplishment)

If China knows the Kamila drama will happen, it would definitely made all effort to be the original 4th which may be a bronze medal in the end.

3 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

If China knows the Kamila drama will happen, it would definitely made all effort to be the original 4th which may be a bronze medal in the end.

Ya, had China put Sui and Han for the free the result would have been different, but why risk them fighting for 4th?

16 hours ago, intoronto said:

lol im surprised. No offence to anyone, but figure skating is by far the "worst" of the winter sports. Absolutely unwatachable. I am quite happy I don't have to watch any minute of it as Canada is was/not expected to be competitive. 

If Canada was competitive, you would have to watch it, despite not liking it, or what? :p 

I mean, the Netherlands might have been super competitive in dressage at one point, I just don't get it and so why would I watch :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, dcro said:

She tested positive way back at the Russian Nationals. Almost two months ago.

And it very much seems like the RUSADA swept it under the rug whilst only informing Valieva's coaching team and not Valieva herself...

Makes me wonder if some at Rusada want Russia banned from sports. It might suit Putin to use Russia being banned as an excuse to I say the world is biased again Russia. 

In fact i think the IOC could lose any hope for anyone wanting to bid for 2030 if Russia are not expelled permanently from international sports. 

Surley Rusda knew yesterday the IOC would appeal. Maybe that was the plain. Politically it suits Putin for it be dealt with by non Russians not Rusda. 

29 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

In fact i think the IOC could lose any hope for anyone wanting to bid for 2030 if Russia are not expelled permanently from international sports.

You can't be serious. No matter what happens, doping cases don't influence the Olympic bidding at all. 

And you are expecting way too much if you think that this will end with a full Russia ban. There's a good chance that there won't even be a DSQ and they will keep the gold, they will fight very hard for this at CAS. 

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

You can't be serious. No matter what happens, doping cases don't influence the Olympic bidding at all. 

And you are expecting way too much if you think that this will end with a full Russia ban. There's a good chance that there won't even be a DSQ and they will keep the gold, they will fight very hard for this at CAS. 

IOC will have to at least push it or more sponsors will withdraw and countries will talk about setting up an alternative Olympics instead.