website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

Does anyone yet know what kind of plans FIS has for the 2022 qualification? I've heard they'll make it a lot harder and just getting under 300 points won't be enough anymore, but details are nowhere to be found yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Does anyone yet know what kind of plans FIS has for the 2022 qualification? I've heard they'll make it a lot harder and just getting under 300 points won't be enough anymore, but details are nowhere to be found yet.

Plus the IOC reduced their quotas. We’re going to have a lot less nations this time :cry:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Plus the IOC reduced their quotas. We’re going to have a lot less nations this time :cry:

Fan-fucking-tastic bit of timing :whistle: 

I really hope they hurry it up with telling people what's needed to qualify, plans have to be made and such.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

260 was the latest number I heard, but IDK what number was sent to the IOC or what the final system looks like 

Some news with the season a few weeks away. Former U23 world skiathlon champion Nathalie von Siebenthal of Switzerland has announced her retirement aged only 26, while Hanna Falk of Sweden is out for the entire season due to a back surgery to try and remove the problems she's had there for years.

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/cross-country/cross-country-news-multimedia/news/2019-20/nathalie-von-siebenthal-sui-announces-retirement

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/cross-country/cross-country-news-multimedia/news/2019-20/hanna-falk-out-for-the-season-2019-20

Finish of the pursuit in São Carlos, where @brunamoura beat Maria Cecilia Dominguez of Argentina after an insane race. Started twenty seconds behind, closed the gap on the climbs in the first kilometer, opened a gap on the big climb that followed, but had to slow down and Dominguez came back. She went straight into the Argentinian's back for the second-to-last straight, which goes slightly uphill but, more importantly, had a strong headwind. Opened the sprint a tiny bit too early, but then again, it turned out perfectly. The race should not have been 50 meters longer, Dominguez was closing in fast in the last 50 meters or so.

17 godzin temu, heywoodu napisał:

Some news with the season a few weeks away. Former U23 world skiathlon champion Nathalie von Siebenthal of Switzerland has announced her retirement aged only 26, while Hanna Falk of Sweden is out for the entire season due to a back surgery to try and remove the problems she's had there for years.

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/cross-country/cross-country-news-multimedia/news/2019-20/nathalie-von-siebenthal-sui-announces-retirement

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/cross-country/cross-country-news-multimedia/news/2019-20/hanna-falk-out-for-the-season-2019-20

Nooo :mad:, one of my favorite runners is retiring from sports. It will happen that I will be supporting the athlete from Scandinavia, because only they will start.

Bonus photos of my new favourite helmet in the world of cycling and rollerskiing.

Spoiler

eGFwpj6.jpg

6M55PgD.jpg

y1QNHKM.jpg

3 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Finish of the pursuit in São Carlos, where @brunamoura beat Maria Cecilia Dominguez of Argentina after an insane race. Started twenty seconds behind, closed the gap on the climbs in the first kilometer, opened a gap on the big climb that followed, but had to slow down and Dominguez came back. She went straight into the Argentinian's back for the second-to-last straight, which goes slightly uphill but, more importantly, had a strong headwind. Opened the sprint a tiny bit too early, but then again, it turned out perfectly. The race should not have been 50 meters longer, Dominguez was closing in fast in the last 50 meters or so.

Hardest race ever! ?

I hope you enjoy my (your) medal ?

• 4 weeks later...

Challenge in the 4th stage of the Brazilian Rollerski Circuit, surprising and nice :d 

VLZVJPM.png