website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

I meant before the brawl. :lol::lol::lol:

Never can tell,maybe Sadulaev will show his wild side sometimes in the future. :roflmao:

I'll call the funeral people :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dareza said:

Great championship for Serbia. So far 3 have chance for medal + Nemeš still has chance for bronze.

Fris is doing a match with interesting fighter from China, he shoud be favorite. Mikhail will face Bulgarian guy so at least a repechage is guaranteed. I hope that Nemeš will get an opportunity to fight for a bronze medal. Great performance so far.

Today's Semifinals

Men's GR, -77kg
:RUS Aleksandr Chekhirkin vs :SWE Alex Michel Bjurberg Kessidis
:HUN Tamas Lorincz vs :KOR Kim Hyeon Woo

Men's GR, -97kg
:RUS Musa Evloev vs :ARM Artur Aleksanyan
:BUL Kiril Milov vs :SRB Mihail Kajaja

Men's GR, -130kg
:USA Adam Jacob Coon vs :KOR Kim Min Seok
:EST Heiki Nabi vs :RUS Semen Semenov

Today's Finals

Men's GR -60kg
Gold Medal Match: :RUS Sergey Emelin vs :MDA Victor Ciobanu
Bronze Medal Match #1: :SRB Kristian Fris vs :CHN Walihan Sailike
Bronze Medal Match #2: :KAZ Aidos Sultangali vs :PRK Ri Se Ung

Men's GR -67kg
Gold Medal Match: :RUS Artem Surkov vs :SRB Davor Stefanek
Bronze Medal Match #1: :KAZ Meiirzhan Shermakhanbet vs :FRA Mamadassa Sylla
Bronze Medal Match #2: :POL Gevorg Sahakyan vs :CRO Danijel Janecic

Men's GR -87kg
Gold Medal Match: :UKR Zhan Beleniuk vs :TUR Metehan Basar
Bronze Medal Match #1: :AZE Islam Abbasov vs :ARM Artur Shahinyan
Bronze Medal Match #2: :RUS Bekkan Ozdoev vs :GEO Roberti Kobliashvili

Edited by phelps

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I don't really follow it outside of the sport so I don't know who are the nice guys and who are the assholes :d Just every time I watch a fight of Sadulaev he throws his opponent around like it's a 50kg junior or just pushes him down like he did with Snyder :bowdown: 

I can't even begin to imagine the raw power that guy has.

They are both nice guys. but American wrestling journalists talked alot about that match, (not really Snyder himself) and made Sadullaev extra motivated about that. beside that, that defeat in Paris was the first "official" defeat of his career. and while Russian coaches wanted him to try 92kg (which fits more his natural bodyweight) he wanted to go 97kg and took his revenge against Snyder.

PS: I know most of you guys here think that only Olympic weight classes matter but I'm telling you those guys in wrestling community don't think like that. they will start thinking about the Olympics from next year because of the Olympic qualification process but this year ? no it doesn't matter. a World title is a world title.

well next time UWW can just sends medals instead of wasting money having a competition. beside that so-called "draw" so many matches today just decided by a caution. that was funny they made Kayalp losing to Heiki Lucky by a caution in last minute (not that Kayalp deserved the win but Nabi didn't deserve it too) , they did the same with Kim Hyeoon-woo made him losing to Tamas Lorincz.

but I was impressed by the American guy Adam Coon. yeah he had a very easy draw but still winning 4 matches in a row by fall in super heavyweight is something like a miracle ! he will most probably  lose the final to Semenov but still. another surprise was Milov of Bulgaria. checked his resume, nothing special until today. again he had a very easy draw but still he wrestled very well.

Aleksanyan had a brutal draw, he narrowly escaped the Georgian guy of Italy, he was down 6-0 against Norway but somehow found a way to score 10 ! again in QF he had hard time against Nadereishvili still won it 4-3 but poor guy lost it to Evloev in the semifinal. this time a well deserved win for Evloev. as World and Olympic champion he didn't deserve such a brutal draw. of course he was probably tired against Evloev (who was great today) but this is FILA/UWW. justice is the last thing they care about. they claim next year the seeding will be better and this year it was a joke only because of new bodyweight classes. we will see.

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

They are both nice guys. but American wrestling journalists talked alot about that match, (not really Snyder himself) and made Sadullaev extra motivated about that. beside that, that defeat in Paris was the first "official" defeat of his career. and while Russian coaches wanted him to try 92kg (which fits more his natural bodyweight) he wanted to go 97kg and took his revenge against Snyder.

PS: I know most of you guys here think that only Olympic weight classes matter but I'm telling you those guys in wrestling community don't think like that. they will start thinking about the Olympics from next year because of the Olympic qualification process but this year ? no it doesn't matter. a World title is a world title.

Do you know if there are any news on serious efforts to get Women's GR into the World Championships programme (let alone even Olympics)?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Just now, Quasit said:

Do you know if there are any news on serious efforts to get Women's GR into the World Championships programme (let alone even Olympics)?

well there is no women's GR exists as far as I know.

I remember during that IOC session deciding about wrestling's fate, (when IOC dropped wrestling first and made it compete with Squash and few other sports for the last spot) they asked the UWW officials about this and the female representative of UWW said so far women don't show interest in Greco-Roman globally.