website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, George_D said:

Canada could have bought Cubans I guess

Just in case it was lost in translation, I’m from the US. So I found your answer a bit confusing :p. I could live anywhere it would Whistler, Vancouver, or Surrey in Canada. Maybe one day...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just in case it was lost in translation, I’m from the US. So I found your answer a bit confusing :p. I could live anywhere it would Whistler, Vancouver, or Surrey in Canada. Maybe one day...

Why Surrey? Does all the shootings remind you of the US? :p

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Why Surrey? Does all the shootings remind you of the US? :p

Loved the area when I stayed there. Maybe I wasn’t in Surrey proper, but we were in a nice area. The only part of the Vancouver area that was meh was the inner city and a few parts around the downtown area. Whistler is arguably one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Plus, it reminds me of the Sierra Nevada which helps. Victoria was alright, but I wouldn’t move to B.C. to fell like I moved to London. I never got to check out Squamish or Dinamo (or some port town with a name like that, it’s a BC Ferries stop).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

How about beach mixed cross-country relay in North Sentinel Island?

I’ve heard the Sentinelese are targeting the beach archery world championships instead. Apparently they have a good record there, and the organizers are confident in the tribes ability to medal in the new “missionary distance” target competition. 

10 hours ago, ofan said:

Also, I am very keen on a 100m sprint in cross country skiing. What do people think of this?

Already a thing apparently...

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Already a thing apparently...

100m is super short for cross country skiers. Would consider it as pointless. You barely start and you finish in few sec. CCS has been made for longer distances. To make it more attractive - why not do it in a similar way when 2 guys compete but with more action. Let's say 400-500m with one U-turn. Attractive, in the turn can happen anything. But generally good idea - trying to follow parralel slaloms in alpine skiing and snowboarding.