website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

10 minutes ago, konig said:

For being a nationalist in Portugal, is obligatory to have that beard/Moustache? :lol:

i say something "politicaly incorrect: for me the nationalist/fascist/nazis are the same dangerous like comunist.

I don't know if I would say as dangerous, but that may just be caused by how it's in Denmark (and most western countries).

Nationalists (and those who are worse) usually tries to divide the people, which creates a  lot of anger.

Even though communist extremes exist (also in Denmark, though they are very few), but they don't seem to create the same anger.

But of course, in countries where communism is still big, it is absolutely a threat as well.

We have a semi-communist country, but other than being terrible at economics, I don't see them as much of a threat.

2 horas atrás, konig disse:

For being a nationalist in Portugal, is obligatory to have that beard/Moustache? :lol:

i say something "politicaly incorrect: for me the nationalist/fascist/nazis are the same dangerous like comunist.

Not at all, but the leader of our nationalist party (the guy on the first campaign sign) uses a beard and moustache, so our humorists painted some fake moustaches to look like him and mock him :p

Here communism is not that much popular either, but much more tolerated (they were the 4th more voted party at the last elections, and they are supporting our current government in a kind of coalition). The thing is that we had almost 45 years of far-right nationalist dictatorship (ended in 1974) and therefore anything that is too much nationalist is looked as a much more serious threat than the communist party.

P.S - "fun fact": our dictator, Salazar, gave JK Rowling the idea for her Harry Potter's character Salazar Slytherin :p

Edited by kungshamra71

hace 5 horas, Agger said:

I don't know if I would say as dangerous, but that may just be caused by how it's in Denmark (and most western countries).

Nationalists (and those who are worse) usually tries to divide the people, which creates a  lot of anger.

Even though communist extremes exist (also in Denmark, though they are very few), but they don't seem to create the same anger.

But of course, in countries where communism is still big, it is absolutely a threat as well.

We have a semi-communist country, but other than being terrible at economics, I don't see them as much of a threat.

you surprise me with the semi-comunist country, in that case may be you are considered in your country like rigth-wing even being social-liberal, for the comunist your ideas are not "left-ideas" :lol:.

i dont agree with you partially: the comunism usually do the same but their hate is political correct: the nationalist/fascist/nazi discriminate people for nationality, religion etc, the comunist did the same against the people their coinsiderer "the powerfull", like bussinesman, the "bourgeoisie", the "right" (in my country they usually use that derogative form), so like their anger is against people for another reason of "exist", their hate is more acepted.

In my country they have the last 12 years goverment (using the peronism party, a party with people of all the politicals forms you can imagine) and i really dont want to see them returning, the comunist have many weaks partys here and the nazi/fascist only one, very weak too and with the jewish (they are the second minority) like priority.......

2 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

Not at all, but the leader of our nationalist party (the guy on the first campaign sign) uses a beard and moustache, so our humorists painted some fake moustaches to look like him and mock him :p

Here communism is not that much popular either, but much more tolerated (they were the 4th more voted party at the last elections, and they are supporting our current government in a kind of coalition). The thing is that we had almost 45 years of far-right nationalist dictatorship (ended in 1974) and therefore anything that is too much nationalist is looked as a much more serious threat than the communist party.

P.S - "fun fact": our dictator, Salazar, gave JK Rowling the idea for her Harry Potter's character Salazar Slytherin :p

rigth, i dont know why but i easily remember Franco but i forget Salazar, even so is a good thing about Portugal to have in fourth place to the comunist and see the nationalist/fascist are too few.

18 minutos atrás, konig disse:

rigth, i dont know why but i easily remember Franco but i forget Salazar, even so is a good thing about Portugal to have in fourth place to the comunist and see the nationalist/fascist are too few.

Well that's easy, because Spain is a big nation that everyone around the world knows about; and Portugal is only that small thing next to Spain that no one knows about :p (or they do now mostly because of Cristiano Ronaldo).

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

Well that's easy, because Spain is a big nation that everyone around the world knows about; and Portugal is only that small thing next to Spain that no one knows about :p (or they do now mostly because of Cristiano Ronaldo).

Portugal is more knows that you think, remember we have Brazil near and all in this part of the world know their talk portuguese, your country had an important parte in the colonization of the "non european world", 45 years was Salazar?, thats a long dictadorship, he makes remember me the paraguayan Alfredo Stroessner.

3 hours ago, konig said:

you surprise me with the semi-comunist country, in that case may be you are considered in your country like rigth-wing even being social-liberal, for the comunist your ideas are not "left-ideas" :lol:.

i dont agree with you partially: the comunism usually do the same but their hate is political correct: the nationalist/fascist/nazi discriminate people for nationality, religion etc, the comunist did the same against the people their coinsiderer "the powerfull", like bussinesman, the "bourgeoisie", the "right" (in my country they usually use that derogative form), so like their anger is against people for another reason of "exist", their hate is more acepted.

In my country they have the last 12 years goverment (using the peronism party, a party with people of all the politicals forms you can imagine) and i really dont want to see them returning, the comunist have many weaks partys here and the nazi/fascist only one, very weak too and with the jewish (they are the second minority) like priority.......

I did of course mean semi-communist Party :p

14 horas atrás, konig disse:

Portugal is more knows that you think, remember we have Brazil near and all in this part of the world know their talk portuguese, your country had an important parte in the colonization of the "non european world", 45 years was Salazar?, thats a long dictadorship, he makes remember me the paraguayan Alfredo Stroessner.

Well, he took power between 1929 and 1930, although his dictatorship only went official in 1933 as "Estado Novo" (what a "great" year that was, right? :thumbdown:), so it would be accurate to say that we had 41 years of his regime.

And although the dictatorship only went over in 1974 with our own liberal revolution (with tanks and soldiers but very peaceful, I think only 1 or 2 deaths, very unusual for a revolution..), Salazar died in 1970, being replaced by his successor, Marcelo Caetano.

Fun fact: Others dictators died through suicide, or were murdered, or died naturally of old age. Not Salazar. He died after falling off a chair and hitting his head on the floor :facepalm::lol:

2 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

Well, he took power between 1929 and 1930, although his dictatorship only went official in 1933 as "Estado Novo" (what a "great" year that was, right? :thumbdown:), so it would be accurate to say that we had 41 years of his regime.

And although the dictatorship only went over in 1974 with our own liberal revolution (with tanks and soldiers but very peaceful, I think only 1 or 2 deaths, very unusual for a revolution..), Salazar died in 1970, being replaced by his successor, Marcelo Caetano.

Fun fact: Others dictators died through suicide, or were murdered, or died naturally of old age. Not Salazar. He died after falling off a chair and hitting his head on the floor :facepalm::lol:

its a death of Final Destination :lol: