website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

We were on the West but we couldn't as well travel to outside the country without permission (because everyone was against the colonial war, so many people tried and left Portugal to live in France). Also we had a truly machist regime: womens could not travel without her husband permission.

P.S - I really find this interesting (and sad..), having people from all different countries of the world, and it seems all our nations had similar experiences with dictactorships (of different styles, our was not communist but a far-right one) in the nearby past..... One can learn a lot here in this forum :)

Thanks god, now it´s only a history. Peoples has tendencies to insufficiently rate the freedom. we are very lucky to live in freedom

48 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

One can learn a lot here in this forum :)

There a milion of vidoes or films from the communism era, you can easily find them. I´ll just put this 5 minute clip and one 3 minute video about some "the best-off" "hilarious" propaganda about USA with subtitles..

1 hour ago, Milan said:

Well, Cuba was fighting the racist Apartheid Regime and the UNITA in Angola. Cuba also has a mucher higher standard of living than most other countries in Central America. Castro was fighting illiteracy and improved healthcare. Under his Leadership the lifes of most Cubans improved compared to the situation before he came to power. He was controversial for sure, but was not a bad leader overall.

That's why thousands of them risk their lifes in makeshift rafts to reach Florida and even Mexico.

Not to count those who literally escape every other sports competition.

11 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

That's why thousands of them risk their lifes in makeshift rafts to reach Florida and even Mexico.

And also those who escaped are now celebrating this news.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

It's really hard to say what is true. Some say he was a dictator, horrible person and betrayer, while others see him as a saviour, redeemer, great leader (El Comadante).

Castro was neither a great leader, nor the big bad wolf. He was something in between, if you ask me.

Edited by Майкл

vor 17 Minuten schrieb mrv86:

The number of refugees from Cuba who are picked up by the US Coast Guard is actually low compared to those from Dominican Republic or Haiti. And that is despite the preferential treatment Cuban migrants get compared to others regarding permanent resident status.

You can look up the statistics about standard of living yourself. Just look at UN statistics, HDI etc.

31 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

My favourite part about Fidel was that spoof they did of him in Married with Children. :d The episode when Al's dodge was dying and the only way to save it was to get a fuel pump from Cuba.

"Needier than us?"

"Si! He's middle aged and sells shoes at the mall!"

"Aaaww"

:roflmao:

Thanks! I thought I saw almost all episodes but I never saw this :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!