website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

hckošice

10 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Bad idea because if there's too little snow you just can't do anything other than cancelling the whole champs. It's different for nordic WC when you can pour artificial snow in case there isn't the real stuff available. We've seen some nordic worlds in basically spring environement but it would be a disaster for alpine skiing. With the climate change I don't think you'll ever see alpine skiing WC in March.

So don’t give the championships to countries with too little snow/countries that can’t handle hosting it (like Italy obviously).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

They should cancel this race. Thanks to the Italian coach mistaking this for a giant slalom and the conditions, the result has already become irrelevant.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

So don’t give the championships to countries with too little snow/countries that can’t handle hosting it (like Italy obviously).

If Italy is a country that can't handle hosting alpine skiing races (but only alpine skiing, but all snow sports races) I don't  know which country could handle, for sure not Germany. 

5 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

If Italy is a country that can't handle hosting alpine skiing races (but only alpine skiing, but all snow sports races) I don't  know which country could handle, for sure not Germany. 

Yeah, because German venues don’t get fog, obviously.  :redcard:

Looks like they’re moving it...Cancelled like Donald Trump.

Well, that was fun guys, see you tomorrow!