website statistics

Taekwondo WTF World Championships 2017

MHSN

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not necessarily, I didn't know they were drawn against each other.

lol but I do, actually the first thing I check after receiving a draw is to find the Israeli athletes to see if they are close to ours or not. that's sad I know. :(

but there is a difference when Iranian doens't show up against ISR and when other countries do that, they do that to make statement, you see this Syrian guy participated in weight-in then withdrew, he could easily not show up and get away with that but now he may face suspension because of that but he probably doesn't care.

but for Iran, this is not the case, they always make excuses for that, for example in Rio (and also in London ) we didn't send one of our qualified Judokas only because there was an Israeli in his weight !:dunno:  and there was something less than 10% chance of facing him !

Just now, MHSN said:

lol but I do, actually the first thing I check after receiving a draw is to find the Israeli athletes to see if they are close to ours or not. that's sad I know. :(

but there is a difference when Iranian doens't show up against ISR and when other countries do that, they do that to make statement, you see this Syrian guy participated in weight-in then withdrew, he could easily not show up and get away with that but now he may face suspension because of that but he probably doesn't care.

but for Iran, this is not the case, they always make excuses for that, for example in Rio (and also in London ) we didn't send one of our qualified Judokas only because there was an Israeli in his weight !:dunno:  and there was something less than 10% chance of facing him !

But doesn't Iran do the same to make a statement? I mean, what other reason is there than making a statement? :p 

I mostly feel bad for these athletes, I doubt they want to throw away their careers because some moronic idiots in politics can't act like someone older than 2 years. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

But doesn't Iran do the same to make a statement? I mean, what other reason is there than making a statement? :p 

I mostly feel bad for these athletes, I doubt they want to throw away their careers because some moronic idiots in politics can't act like someone older than 2 years. 

not really, they prefer not face Israelis at all. what kind of statement it is when you cowardly making excuses like injuries etc

the problem is one person said something 38 years ago and nobody can change that.

Well I hope somewhere in the future the athletes of Iran, Syria etc will be allowed to compete against Israel's athletes. I'll raise a glass on that when that day comes :toast:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

Afghanistan two time Olympic medalist Nikpai wll have to fight an Israeli in 2nd round, I highly doubt he shows up on the mat as well.

I was very wrong here, Nikpai actually showed up and manhandled the Israeli guy ! good for him :p

This sport is awesome :d 

So, yesterday the Brazilian guy in today's 68kg was apparently DQ'ed, meaning the winner of Phuc - Shrestha would go on to the round of 32. 

0d234d05f2.png

Phuc won, but then for some reason withdrew from the fight against Marques, who suddenly wasn't DQ'ed anymore and even went on to kick Nikpai out :d 

4590370eb6.png

Nice free pass for Ortiz into the round of 32 as well, double DQ :lol:

d903e76c56.png

For f*ck's sake, how can it be so hard to get within the weight that apparently, people being DQ'ed is completely normal instead of a very rare event? :d