website statistics

Taekwondo WTF World Championships 2017

MHSN

Just now, dcro said:

The other possibility being that they came all the way to South Korea just to get humiliated in the first round? :d

At least then they got to compete :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Here we go :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I just noticed that Stankovic was born same year like Tijana Bogdanovic. And Tijana was great in 49kg like now Vanja. They are from same club nd also have same coach, and he is coach of Milica Mandic as well. That guy Dragan Jovic is special :yes

And he said that in club have one girl Serdja Stevic who is the greatest Serbian talent ever in this sport. Better than Bogdanovic lol :d 

Edited by dareza

RIP Thailand

lDZrFkm.gif

Our federation just confirmed that Hajj-Z. can't compete tomorrow and will settle for bronze, at least the good news is he is fine, no health issue. but that's a shame he can't defend his title.

with this I doubt we can match 3 gold medals of 2015 Worlds, both Hadipour and Hajji-Zavareh were our gold medal chances.

we never had won the gold medal in 54kg (the lowest weight) Hadipour had his chance today even though Kim TH was simply better but I believe Hadipour was also tired after that hard semifinal against Thailand. while Kim had it very easy against the Italian kid.

we will have 68kg tomorrow which is probably the most interesting weight in this sport. I consider Yaghoubi as our most entertaining fighter, but he has to face the face of Korean Taekwondo Lee Dae-Hoon in quarterfinal. and we have that Jordanian Olympic gold medalist in other side of the draw, he came from nowhere to win the gold in Rio in a brilliant way, now he is not new anymore and his opponents are more prepared, this is interesting to see what he wll do here.

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And another big :facepalm::facepalm: for politics, yet another epic fail.

7b3b3552bf.png

Did you really expect the Syrian athlete to compete ? but this is funny he participated in weight-in and was in the competition weight and didn't get DQ, then withdrew !

Certain countries will never compete with the Israelis, at least for now, Syria is one of them, Afghanistan two time Olympic medalist Nikpai wll have to fight an Israeli in 2nd round, I highly doubt he shows up on the mat as well.

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Did you really expect the Syrian athlete to compete ? but this is funny he participated in weight-in and was in the competition weight and didn't get DQ, then withdrew !

Certain countries will never compete with the Israelis, at least for now, Syria is one of them, Afghanistan two time Olympic medalist Nikpai wll have to fight an Israeli in 2nd round, I highly doubt he shows up on the mat as well.

Not necessarily, I didn't know they were drawn against each other. These stupid, stupid, stupid governments... these are almost more legit reasons to ban a nation from the Olympics than for example Russia's doping stuff.