website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Yeah finally :cheer:

where was this Sourian last month ? You can see how much mental preparation matters in sport. Sourian was just a shadow of himself in Kazakhstan and Mongolia but here after getting so many positive energy from inside country he just showed his true face. even though I have to admit his plan A just worked well here, he teched all his opponents in almost a minute ! :bowdown: I don't know what would happen in second period. now he has 100 days to prepare himself, he is still the best by far technically but in wrestling you have to be in shape physically as well.

also very thanks to Tsymbaliuk of Ukraine for beating the Israeli guy :p:d

now for the very first time we can have a full men's team in wrestling, I know some people are probably surprised to hear that ! but Iran was never a super power in Greco-Roman, we just became good in recent years thanks to coach Bana.

What happened with Hassler? He lost his semifinal, does he still have a chance?

Did someone watch the fights of Hassler and Eisele against the turkish guys and were those results fair? Its pretty stunning, that 3 of our 4 athletes had to fight against turkish guys today ...

For me its really annoying that Turkey is allowed to host almost half of all qualifying events, especially in fighting sports (taekwondo, boxing, wrestling). I have the feeling that IOC feels "guilty" for not giving the olympics to Turkey ...

Why dont we just host all qualifying events in Turkey? It would almost be like small olympic games in Turkey ...

EDIT: I see ... Hassler has no chance, its so unfair! He only competed at one of 4 tournaments (2015 world championships included) and then he had to fight against a turkish athlete at home. :facepalm::cry:

I feel so sorry for him, he is for sure one of the best athletes in his weight category and deserved to be at the olympic games. He got very unlucky with his injury and german federation probably shouldve nominated him for one previous tournament.

We threw away a "safe" quota place.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, ledon said:

which two and why?

haha, for personal reasons, I don't like cheaters .:d  let's not write the names the here.

wow Sourian is flying today, destroyed the American guy 8-0 in the final in just 36 seconds !! in general he didn't wrestle more than 5 minutes today ! :p

27 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What happened with Hassler? He lost his semifinal, does he still have a chance?

Did someone watch the fights of Hassler and Eisele against the turkish guys and were those results fair? Its pretty stunning, that 3 of our 4 athletes had to fight against turkish guys today ...

Eisele lost fair and square

but Hassler match was another story, this match was held right after Basar-Kudla semifinal which was also controversial, at the score of 1-1 all Turks in stadium were expecting a caution for Germany but surprisingly Refs did the right thing and gave the caution to the Turk, things got ugly and their fans even threw few things to the mat. after that match refs had no other option to give the next one to Turkey !! I don't say it was a clear robbery but at the score of 4-2, Hassler was attacking for the entire 2nd period , still no cauton for Ildem, one caution could help Hassler to win the match by a turn 4-4.