website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Unlucky loss for Hamza Touba, i really hope that he will find a way to qualify for Rio.

Could someone please tell me the results of the following fights:

Harutyunyan vs. Oumiah

El-Hag vs. Avagyan

Marutjan vs. Pattinson

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Unlucky loss for Hamza Touba, i really hope that he will find a way to qualify for Rio.

Could someone please tell me the results of the following fights:

Harutyunyan vs. Oumiah

El-Hag vs. Avagyan

Marutjan vs. Pattinson

0:3

0:3

for 3rd match I don't know.

3 hours ago, phelps said:

moreover, I don't know why I'm still asking myself how there can be 2 judges of the same bout scoring 30-24 for a fighter (I mean, it's a 2-point margin in each round) and the 3rd judge giving a 30-27 win for the other boxer? :yikes::facepalm::wall:

In Asian and African QT there were a couple of matches in which two judges scored 30-27 for one fighter while the third judge scored 30-27 for the other fighter.

AIBA is just becoming less and less transparent. I remember back at 2008 Olympics when there was live scoring on screen... They changed that for 2012, with no more live scoring (scores shown only after each round)... Now they have found even less transparent system.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

statement of Slovak boxing federation

Matúš STRNISKO in the -81kg won his second match on the european olympic qualification tournament in Samsun, after he defeated the Hungarian Pater Tallosi 3-0 in 1st round, he won again today defeating the ex-youth world champion from 2012 the Armenian Nikola Arutyonov. Matúš after a great performance advance to the quarter finals, where he will tommorow face another world champion, the 3rd seeded Ukrainian Oleksandar Khyzhniak.

Erik TLKANEC in the -91kg unfortunatelly lost with the Hungarian Gerge Savoly 0-3 and is out.

BUT the biggest disappointement and the biggest injustice we have experienced during the match of Michal TAKACS in the -56kg against the Pole Adrian Kowal. We just can´t understand how our athlete lost 1-2 this match. It´s just inexcussable what happened today. we complained right after the match at the supervisor, and he tell us that we are right, also one of the judges of the match said us, that it´s a while that he didn´t seen such a robbery! but both said us that unfortunately AIBA doesn´t allow any protests in this tournament !!! We will not change anything, but you can be sure that we will not let the things how they are. Right after the match many coaches from Ukraine, GB, etc.. came to our dresing room and congratiulate to Michal, saying him that everyone who understand to this sport have seen that he is the real winner, and today just happened one of the most incredible robbery of the fair play of the sport. unfortunately the result will not change, and our poor athlete can only cry and his tears in the dressing room will not change anything.  The thing is even more frustrating that the Pole will fight tomorrow for the semifinals against the British boxer who probably will not pass the medical test to be allowed to take part for tomorrows match because today after 2 lacerations he did not even finished the first round !!!

Thats our statement.

Thanks you for your support at home, cross your fingers for Matúš tomorrow, We will fight untill the very end possible,

your Slovak Boxing Federation.

Please for everything on earth, kick this corrupted joke out of the olympics !!!

At the moment I'm writing this, no results yet from Day 4 on the official site (and no Day 5 schedule either). Neither does a Poilish site with results have them. Could anyopne who followed yesterday's evening session tell me at least the results of Gokcek vs Andreiana (56 kg) and Pita vs Petahovic (69 kg)/ The "parallel" matches (Avagyan vs. El Hag and Mangiacapre vs. Bacskai respectively) were already mentioned in this thread. So if anyone watched those bouts...thanks!!

2 hours ago, yellowviper2001 said:

At the moment I'm writing this, no results yet from Day 4 on the official site (and no Day 5 schedule either). Neither does a Poilish site with results have them. Could anyopne who followed yesterday's evening session tell me at least the results of Gokcek vs Andreiana (56 kg) and Pita vs Petahovic (69 kg)/ The "parallel" matches (Avagyan vs. El Hag and Mangiacapre vs. Bacskai respectively) were already mentioned in this thread. So if anyone watched those bouts...thanks!!

pita lost....other doesn't know