website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

Ah crap, our biggest hope by far, Nouchka Fontijn, loses in the first round against Christine Desmond of Ireland :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Alicia Holzken (-51kg) is also out against Sarah Ourahmoune, but I guess that's not a surprise at all :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

good start for Italy, today...

Marzia Davide won her bout in the -51kg and now she must face her historical rival Petrova (BUL)...the winner shoud then cruise to the final (and earn an Olympic spot)...

meanwhile, among the boys, there's some justice, after all...despite one of the judges, in fact, Manuel Cappai defeated (2-1 the score) the Turkish boxer in the -49kg...the no.1 seed Zamotaev (UKR) is next...

finally Monica Floridia (Women's -75kg) lost her first round bout against Scheurich (GER), but it was widely expected...

I hope that also the evening's fights would go as they are supposed to for us...

What a surprise, big discussions and possibly unfair decisions in boxing...who could have imagined that :lol:

The most crazy thing just happend: Nouchka lost her first match at the Olympic qualification tournament in Samsun, Turkey. The decision of the jury to let the blue corner win was a very big surprise for everybody. Even the Irish winner and her coaches couldn't believe it. Nouchka was stronger and the entire match it looked like she was winning.. we are still in shock and just can't believe that this is already the end of the tournament for Nouchka.. Thanks for all the support!

Can we just please get this joke of a sport away from the Olympics for one or two cycles so they can get their mess straight?

I dont even know some of our boxers here ...

Christos Cherakis?

Pinar Touba?

Marutjan, Scheurich, Harutyunyan, should qualify, everything else would be unacceptable (i wrote it without knowing the schedule or the results so far) ...

Sadly Hamza Touba has an impossible draw, i really wouldve liked to see him in Rio.

Pros arent allowed here?

Does anyone know if Anthony Joshua will try to qualify? It would be amazing to see him in Rio.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone know if Anthony Joshua will try to qualify? It would be amazing to see him in Rio.

I haven't heard anything, but I would be suprised as Joe Joyce has been selected to attempt to qualify so it doesn't look like he would have a space on the team.