website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

16 hours ago, phelps said:

Joshua won't even try to qualify, since GBR have stated that no "real Pro" would be named...they would go till the end with the guys who have represented the Country through the whole Olympic cycle...

in any case, the established pro fighters will only be allowed to enter in the final Aiba Pro Boxing qualifying tournament in June...the other meets are only intended for the guys committed with aiba only...

p.s. I don't think Scheurich will qualify here in Samsun...she has to beat the current World Champion (Savannah Marshall, GBR) to get through to the final (and thus earn an Olympic spot)...and I don't see hw it could happen under normal circumstances (even if we know that in boxing there are no normal circumstances, especially under aiba rules)...

Marshall failed.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

2 hours ago, Quasit said:

Marshall failed.

I wouldn't say it was her fault, by the way...:facepalm:

another unexpected result was Ukranian Viktor Petrov's loss against the Turkish guy in the men's -64kg...ok, he got injured at the beginning of the second round, but the fact that round #1 was given to his opponent makes me think...

moreover, I don't know why I'm still asking myself how there can be 2 judges of the same bout scoring 30-24 for a fighter (I mean, it's a 2-point margin in each round) and the 3rd judge giving a 30-27 win for the other boxer? :yikes::facepalm::wall:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

moreover, I don't know why I'm still asking myself how there can be 2 judges of the same bout scoring 30-24 for a fighter (I mean, it's a 2-point margin in each round) and the 3rd judge giving a 30-27 win for the other boxer? :yikes::facepalm::wall:

Because boxing. :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because boxing. :facepalm:

I like to think it's because judges :facepalm:

Boxing itself is not the problem (and I like too much all fighting sports...so I can't stop watching them only because of their shameful administrators)...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I like to think it's because judges :facepalm:

Boxing itself is not the problem (and I like too much all fighting sports...so I can't stop watching them only because of their shameful administrators)...

The best thing in boxing is probably going for the TKO. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.