website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Why can't someone fight with a wound in the eyebrow? :(

because it affects the visual field of a fighter (especially if it starts bleeding heavily), compromising his defensive chances and exposing him to the most dangerous hits...

moreover, the eye is one of the most delicate parts of the human body, where it's also easier to take an infection that could prove very dangerous...

Edited by phelps

1 hour ago, phelps said:

because it affects the visual field of a fighter (especially if it starts bleeding heavily), compromising his defensive chances and exposing him to the most dangerous hits...

moreover, the eye is one of the most delicate parts of the human body, where it's also easier to take an infection that could prove very dangerous...

That makes sense :)

Sad way to end the tournament though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

meanwhile, Armenia are just robbing their opponents twice at the same time...on ring A, Artur Hovhannisyan defeated the German Christos Cherakis and on ring B Narek Abgaryan completed the shamful triumph for the Caucasian Country against Vincenzo Picardi (ITA)...

Obviously, I haven't seen the bouts...but if both fights have had a fair judgment, tomorrow comes the end of the World (those Armenian guys are both really, really modest...they can't have won those fights for real)...:wall:

by the way, at least Cappai (-49kg) got an unexpected win over the no.1 Zamotaev (UKR) and he's through to the semis (and hopefully would get 1 of the 3 spots for Rio available in this tournament)...

on the other hand, Vianello (+91kg) almost made a miracle against the great Magomedrasul Medzhidov (AZE), but unfortunately the judges did protect the old champion beyond his merits (the Italian federation website writes about a "great match" and "big regrets" for Vianello, which means, interpretating the usual "political balance" of the words written on our official site, that also this decision has been a big robbery)...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

meanwhile, Armenia are just robbing their opponents twice at the same time...on ring A, Artur Hovhannisyan defeated the German Christos Cherakis and on ring B Narek Abgaryan completed the shamful triumph for the Caucasian Country against Vincenzo Picardi (ITA)...

Obviously, I haven't seen the bouts...but if both fights have had a fair judgment, tomorrow comes the end of the World (those Armenian guys are both really, really modest...they can't have won those fights for real)...:wall:

by the way, at least Cappai (-49kg) got an unexpected win over the no.1 Zamotaev (UKR) and he's through to the semis (and hopefully would get 1 of the 3 spots for Rio available in this tournament)...

on the other hand, Vianello (+91kg) almost made a miracle against the great Magomedrasul Medzhidov (AZE), but unfortunately the judges did protect the old champion beyond his merits (the Italian federation website writes about a "great match" and "big regrets" for Vianello, which means, interpretating the usual "political balance" of the words written on our official site, that also this decision has been a big robbery)...

Maybe Cappai's victory was undeserved as well, I think nobody knows :d

I know Müllenberg (NED) made it to the QF, but I have no idea if he actually deserved the win and I think the judges don't know neither. Teymur Mammadov lost against Unal, surprise, from Turkey :lol:

Müllenberg will face Unal now in the SF where the winner goes to Rio, so Unal is already certain of the Olympics unless Müllenberg knocks him out 5 times or something. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Armenia is being helped in a tournament that is being held in TURKEY (of all places)?? Well, that would be something for the history books. I think that would mean the end of the World. ;)

It's a bit silly to say that some matches were robberies based on results only. An Armenian user could also say: "Cappai won even though he was not a favourite, that's a robbery!". :p

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, phelps said:

if Armenians are winning in Turkey...believe me...they had to deserve it

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it