website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2024

5 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

:wITA: TAISC 2024 - Closing Ceremony :wITA:

mention Fair-Play :

(last in the ranking)

wSVK.gif Slovakia

but to make last place less bitter he also wins a pack of Italian Easter sweets: dove, chocolate egg, Easter lamb, Neapolitan pastiera

155151wuombrmkqk9mv6mm.jpg

@hckošice

I knew why I was aiming for that last place :p

18 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

:wITA: TAISC 2024 - Closing Ceremony :wITA:

mention Fair-Play :

(last in the ranking)

wSVK.gif Slovakia

but to make last place less bitter he also wins a pack of Italian Easter sweets: dove, chocolate egg, Easter lamb, Neapolitan pastiera

155151wuombrmkqk9mv6mm.jpg

@hckošice

Can the 4th place get chocolate too :p

But I must say the difference in using a song in Swedish is very big against using a song in English. 

Still the next year I will use a song in Swedish since I really want to people to hear the Swedish language too. Sadly it’s not very popular but it doesn’t matter for me. 

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

It's evident, that Saturdays aren't the most suitable time for a growing number of people, who are doing lots of other stuff. Switching to Sundays could help free more people, as that is the more traditional rest day for everyone. 

It would feel slightly odd: going to the number one traditional rest day, to avoid old-fashioned traditions (if they exist).... :p 

Kidding aside, no idea if it would work. I would personally not like spreading it over two days, since that'd simply take away the 'Grand Final day' feeling. I've also always been happy it is on a Saturday, because it's generally a long day and especially the second half of Sunday mostly feels like "ugh, have to work tomorrow" :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@kungshamra71 as you said if you like an artist look other songs.

It has happened several times with the singers presented in the various TISC contest (sometimes also in the section Festival of Music)

One is Soraia Ramos :POR

@Fer GUA

Another is Gaby Moreno :GUA . I didn't know his name, but I knew one of his compositions (of Tv series) :

Here are some of the other songs that were part of the Irish national selection final shortlist. I was so close to choosing either of the "Heaven" songs by Cian Ducrot or the one by Niall Horan but in the end went for Picture This.

Picture This - Leftover Love

Cian Ducrot - Heaven

CMAT - Stay For Something Good

Niall Horan - The Show

Gavin James - White Noise

Cian Ducrot ft. Matteo Romano - Part Of Me

Jazzy - Giving Me

Niall Horan - Heaven

CMAT - California

@Olympian1010 this would have been a good entry for the TISC Open last year in California.... "I'm heading to California, don't say I didn't warn you :d)

32 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Here are some of the other songs that were part of the Irish national selection final shortlist. I was so close to choosing either of the "Heaven" songs by Cian Ducrot or the one by Niall Horan but in the end went for Picture This.

Picture This - Leftover Love

Cian Ducrot - Heaven

CMAT - Stay For Something Good

Niall Horan - The Show

Gavin James - White Noise

Cian Ducrot ft. Matteo Romano - Part Of Me

Jazzy - Giving Me

Niall Horan - Heaven

CMAT - California

@Olympian1010 this would have been a good entry for the TISC Open last year in California.... "I'm heading to California, don't say I didn't warn you :d)

Oooh Heaven :wub: (both from Cian Ducrot and Niall Horan)

The one by Cian Ducrot has a special place in my heart because my friend and I heard it a lot when we were on the roads of Ireland last summer, so at first we were a bit annoyed by it but then it became our anthem and we started loving it, so it brings back good memories (OK sorry I'm gonna stop now with the boring stuff about my life :lol:)