website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Wow, :NOR Botn on a charge from the Hundreds!  Has the advantage of not being squeezed like a lime on a spring break tequila party of course.

For the second week in a row ,he goes to finish in the top 5  from  a very late start number,btw Tarjei did that too in like 2009 i think,he was 110 i think,and ended up fourth with one miss,0.1 second behind third,with the bronze going to a swiss athlete who also started late also with one miss,and that was his only medal in his career,so it was for the best that boe didn't come out on top on that occasion.

Edited by Biathlonfan

5 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

For the second week in a row ,he goes to finish in the top 5  from  a very late start number,btw Tarjei did that too in like 2009 i think,he was 110 i think,and ended up fourth with one miss,and 0.1 second behind third,with the bronze going to a swiss athlete who also started late also with one miss,and that was his only medal in his career,so it was for the best that boe didn't come out on top on that occasion.

Holy moly, impressive memory :d

Bib 108 for Tarjei, but in Pokljuka 2009 he was 4th behind Swiss Thomas Frei.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150112111519/http://services.biathlonresults.com/results.aspx?RaceId=BT0910SWRLCP03SMSP

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

and finally the total resurrection of :ITA Lisa Vittozzi seems to be almost completed :cheer: :bowdown:

she looked lost for the sport just a couple of years ago, missing targets from left and right (and being destroyed by media and fans, myself included :facepalm:)...

but Today, after the 2nd win in a row and the new collapse by :NOR Tandrevold, she's just a walk in the park away from winning her first Overall World Cup (after winning 1 individual gold -and being part of last year's miracle of our relay- and many more medals at the world champs in the last 2 seasons)

well done, Lisa! :wub:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

and finally the total resurrection of :ITA Lisa Vittozzi seems to be almost completed :cheer: :bowdown:

she looked lost for the sport just a couple of years ago, missing targets from left and right (and being destroyed by media and fans, myself included :facepalm:)...

but Today, after the 2nd win in a row and the new collapse by :NOR Tandrevold, she's just a walk in the park away from winning her first Overall World Cup (after winning 1 individual gold -and being part of last year's miracle of our relay- and many more medals at the world champs in the last 2 seasons)

well done, Lisa! :wub:

Yeah, especially after those issues in the prone shooting (which were so odd, standing was fine) it's awesome to see how she fought back :d 

I do feel for Tandrevold for really letting it slip through her hands in the last weeks, but overall I'm enjoying this fight, I'd be happy with both of them as overall winner (different than that year with Vittozzi vs Wierer, where I was very strongly cheering for Vittozzi...), so it's a win-win situation for me as viewer :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Lisa Vittozzi :champion: won the Crystal Globe after finishing second in 2019 and third last season. 

Won individual and pursuit cups

Season podium: 5 victories (WC gold included) – three seconds (two silvers at WC) and two third places.

Congratulations deserved!!!!