website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Nickyc707 said:

Looking across the last three OG even the teams with the greatest strength in depth haven't taken more than 12 divers to fill the 16 quotas freeing up spots for others.

China: 2012 - 12, 2016 - 12, 2020 - 10

GB: 2012 - 12, 2016 - 11, 2020 - 12

I agree - I can't see any nation taking more than 10-12 athletes. I haven't run a full projection because we don't have the last 2 events complete, but at the moment my tracker for likely quotas is looking something like this:

Men's 3m springboard - 27 athletes in total

Men's 10m platform - 22 athletes in total

Women's 3m springboard - 24 athletes in total

Women's 10m platform - 26 athletes in total

That's 99 individual quotas which would allow the following quota reallocation:

Men's 3m springboard - currently 20 athletes in the individual event so should have 7 additional quotas available.

Men's 10m platform - currently 15 athletes in the individual event allowing 10 additional quotas.

Women's 3m springboard - 14 athletes in the individual event so potentially 13 additional quotas available.

Women's 10m platform - 19 athletes in the individual event so should allow an additional 7 quotas for reallocation.

If that was the case, :DOM :JAM :KOR :IRL :DOM :MAS :CRO would potentially gain quotas in the men's 3m springboard.

In the women's 10m platform, :JPN :PUR :KOR :ITA :CUB :USA :LAT would stand to gain a quota. 

Think it’s extremely unlikely, but is there any chance that Kate Miller (and to a lesser extent Mia Vallee) grab a quota? Obviously, it’ll take a lot of nations declining their quotas, and for many athletes to double up for that to happen. 

Right now Vallee is behind :GER:CUB:ESP:NOR:CUB:NZL:MEX:MAS:POL:FIN

Right now Miller is behind :JPN:PUR:KOR:UKR:ITA:CUB:LAT:DOM

Edited by Josh

14 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

If that was the case, :DOM :JAM :KOR :IRL :DOM :MAS :CRO would potentially gain quotas in the men's 3m springboard.

If that's the case it would be stupid for them to not let the next one :ESP Abadía compete in the individual event considering he's already going to be there for  the Syncro...

Thank you for good wishes, and mentioned me. It was so nervous around 4 hours to watch. Not Rzeszutek, but I am so happy for Robert Lukaszewicz. For me he must have harder program before LA'28. Both our guys are young still. We are in good way to come back to OG after Barcelona'92!!!!! I think this is sure, because only 11 non qualified divers and 2 of them (Canada and Mexico) will be at OG for sure in synchro event. I am so happy for him, 15th place. I hope tomorrow he will increase chance and will beat some rivals or even get to the final. BTW. Guy from Uzbekistan is probably Russian, I saw sth that he was on russian champs last year. He can get the quota?

14 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Thank you for good wishes, and mentioned me. It was so nervous around 4 hours to watch. Not Rzeszutek, but I am so happy for Robert Lukaszewicz. For me he must have harder program before LA'28. Both our guys are young still. We are in good way to come back to OG after Barcelona'92!!!!! I think this is sure, because only 11 non qualified divers and 2 of them (Canada and Mexico) will be at OG for sure in synchro event. I am so happy for him, 15th place. I hope tomorrow he will increase chance and will beat some rivals or even get to the final. BTW. Guy from Uzbekistan is probably Russian, I saw sth that he was on russian champs last year. He can get the quota?

Great job from Lukaszewicz! 

Myalin was excluded from the reserve squad of the russiab national team ob the 11th of August, 2023. 

15 minutes ago, avlar said:

Great job from Lukaszewicz! 

Myalin was excluded from the reserve squad of the russiab national team ob the 11th of August, 2023. 

But one year is enough to compate as a diver from Uzbekistan during OG?

22 minutes ago, Adriano said:

But one year is enough to compate as a diver from Uzbekistan during OG?

I do not know for certain. But it could be so. The IOC can provide him an exception and allow to compete. They did it recently.